CanadaPost : Xpresspost Sucks!!!!!!

Posted on Wednesday, July 27th, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by 2a002a04

Company: CanadaPost : Xpresspost Sucks!!!!!!

CanadaPost : Xpresspost Sucks!!!!!!

I just had the worst experience trying to ship a small package from Toronto-Canada to Europe, using Xpresspost from Canada Post. A package that is supposed to be delivered within 4 days guaranteed, with a tracking number. Well, the package was never delivered. After spending hours on the phone with a such a horrible customer service, their answer was : we don't know where it is, and Europe is not answering back to our inquiries.

I honeslty don't care who lost that package, either in Europe, or in Canada , all I know is that I paid CanadaPost to mail my package, with a tracking number, and they can't even figure out where it is . They are the one responsible for it, and they should do everything to find it. But , no they don't care, why would they ? Will they get fired because of that ? Obviously Not!!!!

After I get a check from the post, I decide to try to mail my mother 's gift again. And, so I go to the post office (A different one this time),

and this woman tells me: Oh, You should go with Xpresspost, it should never get lost.

So what do I do ? I trust her, and here ago again, my package just vanished again, not trackable.

So now, I have really lost my temper, and Yes I am screaming on the phone to these customer Rep, and Yes they Hate me, but I really don't care, why should I try to be nice ? I have the right to be frustrated, I have the right to scream at them, because if I don't, they simply don't do SHIT.

I can't believe that for the second time, my package get lost, and they don't even care, their reaction is : So what ??? Just wait !!!

No I don't want to wait, I already waited, adn you guys just did nothing. I just want to know what are they doing with our packages.

Bottom line: Do not send anything with Xpresspost, I just heard a few days ago, a friend of mine sent her passport with Xpresspost, and they lost it. It's unbelievable!!!!!

lorraine Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_46106#

bfa659ab, 2007-10-25, 10:13PM CDT

I hear ya. I just used Xpresspost to get a package from Toronto to Saskatoon. It got to Saskatoon two days after it was sent, but then the local Canada Post geniuses decided that my address was too complex so they sent the package back to Toronto.

181f79b0, 2007-10-26, 12:47PM CDT

I just purchased an iPhone on ebay, which was sent by Xpresspost. And they lost it. Since the ebay seller already got paid, he doesn't really care if I can get the phone back. And the great thing is the shipment was not insured and no signature was required for the delivery. Fantastic!

599c7343, 2008-01-14, 10:29AM CST

idiot you probably dont have the address right i work for the post office and everything that gets lost is bcuz of the peabrained customer whos has no knowledge on proper letter and [arcel format

9179f3a9, 2008-03-06, 02:54PM CST

No one ever deserves to be yelled at. Don't you understand the reason you pay less for Xpresspost is because they may not track your package at every stop. And the people on the phone probably aren't properly "managed"

So what, they just lost my $700 glasses and I could keep my shit together on the phone with Jane. Whom was quite nice may I add.

I'm happy as shit I am not in a relationship like you.

32248d80, 2008-03-07, 12:32PM CST

I agree 100%. Canada Post is terrible. They are staffed by morons who expect good pay, short hours and obviously cannot be fired as the attitude is terible. One time they delivered a package addressed to me, to the building next door. Whe I complained they told me this and I quote "Canada Post has no responsiblility as the item was delivered" ... thats right so when I complained again that the delivery address in their own system was not the one on the package which is all documented they said again and I quote "Technically the item was delivered". But you delivered to the wrong address I say, they say "but it was delievered and we only guarentee delivery". How do you like that? They can hand it off to a bum on the street, toss it in the trash or just take it home and to them its AOK.

That was in Vancouver. In Toronto its even worse. Items get lost at the Mississauge sortation facilty all the time. One shipment I have from Chapters got lost there for 2 weeks. It did finally arrive - opened and badly damaged.

Just today I'm trying to track down a shipment from Toronto to Ottawa Xpresspost. 2 day serve that is on day 5. It got lost in Missisauga again.

Since moving within Toronto my wife no longer gets any Victoria Secret cataloges except the fully clothed ones. THe lingerie ones never come, just the clothes one make it thru. The postman also announcces every package we get - "here are your contact lenses" etc. This is stuff that is plain brown wrapped. Mail have also arrived opened. My last credit card bill was opened.

To all those who defend Canada Post, just wait until it happens to you. Then you'll want action. Its not politically correct to play nice with these people - its stupid. Canada Post is staffed by morons who have zero chance of losing their job no matter how inept they are. This is plain wrong. are we the Philippines or Canada? Canadians think 3rd world countries are unsafe yet look at ourselves. Our mail - our health care .. its time to put a stop to the free love and get out the whacking stick.

f2356a2c, 2008-03-12, 07:39PM CDT

Item should have been delivered on the 7th.

Its past 8PM on 03/12 so its not coming to my door today.

Next day business guarantee = this /

2008/03/12 07:56 DOWNSVIEW, ON Item out for delivery

2008/03/12 02:27 MISSISSAUGA, ON Item processed at postal facility

2008/03/07 05:47 MISSISSAUGA, ON Item processed at postal facility

2008/03/06 21:22 MISSISSAUGA, ON Item processed at postal facility

2008/03/05 18:07 BARRIE, ON Item accepted at the Post office

2008/03/04 13:28 MISSISSAUGA, ON An order has been electronically submitted

CanadaPost is worse then garbage. Its a novelty.

bb24f9f4, 2008-06-02, 11:53PM CDT

I have similar experiences with Canada post, and in particular xpresspost. My latest package (Very expensive items inside) is showing "accepted at the post office" on such a date..., and nothing else. It was accepted, and then it disappeared. The post office employee who accepted the package told me that the carrier who takes it to the Sortation facility does not sign that he received the package, so I guess any one can take it home istead of the sortation facility.

Is Canadapost the only thing that deteriorated in Canada?

60e0cd6d, 2008-05-28, 11:14AM CDT

it is really slow

bb24f9f4, 2008-06-06, 12:50AM CDT

To this person (Must be a Canadapost employee) who is calling the plaintif "idiot", I would like to ask you how did you presume that the plaintif screwed up in writing the address, etc...? Canadapost is not acting responsibly at all. There is no accountability for this huge screw up with xpresspost operations and probably the "insider thefts" that are taking place all of the time. They mishandled my latest package overseas, the employee and the computer system refused to insure the package for more than an automatic $100, and the package only showed as "accepted" at the local post office, and disappeared afterward with no more info on it. It has been a month now, and they know nothing about it.

You are calling the plaintif idot, but are you intentionally forgetting that there is an official paper where you write the sender's and receiver's address and phone numbers the way the post office understands it? Who is really the idiot?

814ebb09, 2008-07-08, 07:23PM CDT

I agree. I sent a regional expresspost on June 26th. Was supposed to get there on June 30th. Nothing has turned up anywhere! No one can help me. Never had problems before but this was a more expensive parcel so I am a more than a little concerned over this "coincidence".!

5e69669b, 2008-07-26, 01:27AM CDT

I COMPLETELY agree with you. I sent out a package through Canadapost on the 16th of July, and they said that it'd arrive in the states in 3-4 business days. It is now the 25th, and am losing my damn temper. I called customer service and they told me that they lost track of the package, and would take about FIVE to TEN freaking days to FIND...It's ridiculous, I paid nearly $40 for Xpresspost and all I get back is a service full of crap. I'm returning merchandise to a seller that can only be exchanged within a period of 14 days...I will seriously lose my head if the sending time exceeds that period.

101fe0ce, 2008-07-26, 01:27AM CDT

d0644003, 2008-07-29, 07:04PM CDT

@#$% Xpresspost Canada post and their service and their employees

they have given the most horrible time ever!

bunch of useless morons there that cant do a simple job of putting a god damn letter in the right god damn box

AVOID CANADA POST AT ALLL COST

8cbb3685, 2008-09-02, 11:07AM CDT

I too, will never use canada post again. There seems to be no accountability; therefore, any person at the depots can look through your parcels and have their pick of stuff - and when the package does not get delivered - it was lost!

The fact that insurance is so entrenched in their culture, as well as the fact that they have a prominent link to the Ombudsman on the website should have told me something...I am out a swiss watch and I just know some jerk is wearing it right now.

And, if you read the postal workers reaction on this... basically, it is the consumers fault that things get 'lost' (read: stolen), and that we are all idiots for not being able to stick a label on a parcel, says volumes of the kind culture that is prevalent in the postal system in canada. Never again!

Anonymous, 2008-09-09, 01:19PM CDT

this message it s 4 that stupid,retard,son of a bitch ,post office worker, who called loreine "idiot":U ARE THE IDIOT,MOTHER FUCKER!!!!!!! COZ U ARE THE ONE AND U RE RETARD COWORKERS THAT STILL PACKAGES FROM PPL OR U RE SO MENTAL LIMITED TO BE ABLE TO DELIVER THE PACKAGES U RE TAKING THE MONEY FOR!!! SHE IS RIGHT! THEY LOST MINE TOO! STUPID RETARDS!!! AND I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE HE HAND UP ON ME!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I HTE THEM!!!!!!

1aa78cff, 2008-09-30, 03:15PM CDT

Ditto here. This is the second and LAST time I use Xpresspost. A postal money order was sent from Toronto to San Jose California 12 days ago, with a delivery "guarantee" of 5 days. The recipient has not got it. The Xpresspost dunderheads tell me it will be 5 more days to trace. Meanwhile, Im out the money order plus the OUTRAGEOUS price I paid Canada Post for their "service"

fa232762, 2008-11-03, 10:01AM CST

I just had the worst experience of my lifetime with Canadapost. I agree with yall that XpressPost sucks. I sent my passport on Friday october 24th, and it should be delivered on monday the 27th ( from Montreal to Ottawa). today is the 3rd november and my item is nowhere to be found. The lady who takes care of my acct is giving me attitude all the time with her stupid accent. She finally admitted that my item had been lost and that she would reimburse a 100$. Yes, u reading properly. The thing is im not from Canada and this is my only valid piece of ID here. To renew it, i have to go back home and it s no less than 2000$

91866c3c, 2008-12-03, 07:19PM CST

This is disturbing stuff. I mailed a small package on October 14 to Australia from here in Ottawa and it still has not turned up. I was forced to go with "surface mail", which cost around $40, because air mail would have been over $100. On the tracking system I discovered that it did not even leave the country until November 6. What were they doing with it before then? It is now the beginning of December. The worst part of it was the terrible customer service I received at the post office. The girl working there obviously knew nothing and was asking me questions like "Do you know how to calculate volumetric weight?" She practically ripped up the customs declaration and couldn't work out how to stick it on the parcel.

By comparison, my mother-in-law sent me a parcel from Australia by airmail. It cost her $30AUS - about $25CAD - and reached me within the week.

f26e839f, 2008-12-03, 07:21PM CST

This is disturbing stuff. I mailed a small package on October 14 to Australia from here in Ottawa and it still has not turned up. I was forced to go with "surface mail", which cost around $40, because expresspost air mail would have been over $100. On the tracking system I discovered that it did not even leave the country until November 6. What were they doing with it before then? It is now the beginning of December. The worst part of it was the terrible customer service I received at the post office. The girl working there obviously knew nothing and was asking me questions like "Do you know how to calculate volumetric weight?" She practically ripped up the customs declaration and couldn't work out how to stick it on the parcel.

4bc69693, 2008-12-08, 07:42PM CST

Hello,

I wanted to know if anyone here did end up finally receiving the packages they are/were worried about, although late. I noticed a lot of people mentioned not receiving the packages within the "guaranteed delivery" timeframe for XpressPost USA, but I wanted to know if all these packages were lost or is there hope. Thank you.

78807e14, 2008-12-13, 02:09AM CST

I agree totally with the comments regarding hassles that people have had with Canada Post as I have had my fair share too but I have to say that I have also dealt with some helpful Canada Post staff too so it wouldn't be fair to say that they are all incompetent therefore it should be taken individually case by case.

Some of the problems that I have had though have not involved a particular person as such or a particular branch.

Recently much to my shock I had to pay almost $50 for customs on what was clearly marked as a gift, the parcels total was $175.

Back in 2005 an overseas parcel with a tracking number went missing with valuable and unusual Christmas gifts from my mum in it much to my disappointment.

I think my husbands and my most frustrating experience though with Canada Post was when we moved into our new home in May, 2008 and we discovered that Canada Post had returned our drivers licences, our tax refund as well as some bills.

It took us several calls to Canada Post before it was sorted out as well as having to go into an actual drivers licence issuing office in person, phoning Revenue Canada as well as Bell Canada, our insurance company etc.

Canada Post apparently thought that our house was vacant but no one had cared to check even though our car was parked in the driveway.

When we moved we changed our address at our local Post Office in which some mail still slipped through to our old address.

This took about three calls to Canada Post to sort out, you have to pay for your mail to be redirected too.

I guess we have had mixed experiences regarding Canada Post as it would be fair to say that most people have been nice but perhaps the blame should involve management and better training.

d8c09091, 2009-01-27, 01:55PM CST

Canada Post is horrible. They never actually "attempt delivery" and 90% of the time do not leave parcel pick up notices. I have had mail sent back because I never even knew it was waiting for me at the post office due to the postal workers failure to be competant enough to leave me slips notifying me. I have had so many horrible experiences with this postal service. Monkeys could operate a more efficient business.

975f920a, 2009-03-02, 01:30PM CST

yes we've all had enough with Canada Post: something Canadian that we should be ashamed of.

I live in an apartment and they have never delivered a single item properly. Of my last three parcels, never once had they checked whether I was home (which I was the entire time). Once they left a notice, and the other two time no notices were given.

They keep saying "There's nothing we could do". Well let's get rid of your union and see how long you will last!

For the servcice they have given, Canada Post workers simply does not deserve all that nice government benefits. What a waste of our tax dollar...It shall be privitized one day. I mean look at UPS, I've had stuff mailed in by them before. THAT IS CALLED SERVICE.

If I'm in power I'd give warnings for missing mail / parcels. Three warnings and you are on probation. Continuing to miss mail/ parcel during probation? You're fired. If you can't do your job right, you don't get paid. That's how things should be.

fab8eb7f, 2009-06-20, 07:10AM CDT

I've read some of the comments here and, honestly, I can easily imagine how infuriating it must be to experience some of your losses and annoyances with Canada Post.

Although my case is not as horrific as many on here, I'm just miffed that I spent about $14 in the vague hope of getting a Father's Day card to my elderly dad on time in the US. I sent the card first thing Monday morning right at the local post office. According to the tracking report(shown below), it didn't get to the main sorting facility (a mere 45 minute drive away) until the next morning! Then it was almost almost another whole day until it got on the plane!

From there, it took only several hours to fly, which makes sense, but the last entry in the attached tracking report (see below) is simply "International shipment has arrived in the destination country." That's it. In other words, three days ago it landed somewhere in the huge geographical area we call the United States, with all the technical wonders at our disposal, and that's all they can report. The one thing that's very clear from the report is that my dad won't have his card on time.

To be fair, I realize that I should have mailed it earlier, but I had mistaken the date for Father's Day. Anyway, that's what rush service is supposed to be for, isn't it? But my main beef here (besides the cost for such a laughable service) is that it took two full days for my supposedly "rush" item to even arrive at the local airport! What do they do with all that time (and all our money)?

As for the cretin who had the guts to call someone an "idiot," if you do indeed work for Canada Post, get your shit together and do your job and you won't see people complaining. We don't need your attitude, we want the service we deserve, especially for the too-much-money we pay to keep you and those like you employed. Besides, you're supposed to be a professional outfit of supposedly professional, trained people with some sort of system that works. I have the impression that it's actually zero for three.

Here is the so-called "Tracking" report...

2009/06/17 14:22 International shipment has arrived in the destination country

2009/06/17 03:44 International item has left Canada

2009/06/16 04:17 HALIFAX Item arrived at postal facility

2009/06/15 08:57 [My town, 45 minutes away from Halifax] Item accepted at the Post Office

c17a0322, 2009-08-11, 10:50AM CDT

My mom sent me train tickets from London to Toronto by Xpresspost and the tracking number said it was delivered but I never got it!

My building can't find it and Canada Post said they deliver without signature so they basically could have handed it off to anyone who was working in my apartment that day. Without a signature my building can't hold the person who received it responsible.

The worst part is the tickets were bought during a 60% off sale which is over now. Even if Canada Post reimburses me it will still cost me double to replace them as VIA rail charges a $40 processing fee to replace lost tickets.

So frustrating!

236b7da8, 2009-09-17, 08:16PM CDT

I also had a very bad experience with Canada Post.

The first time I sent a check to the US which got lost. I was lucky enough that it wasn't stolen and cashed so I just had to cancel it.

The second time happened when I got a prepaid Xpresspost to give to the US consulate in Toronto so they can send me back my passport. I just live 20 minutes away from the US consulate.

I checked the tracking online:

2009/09/11 10:53 TORONTO Item successfully delivered

08:41 TORONTO Item out for delivery

2009/09/10 15:57 TORONTO Item accepted at the Post Office

But I haven't received anything so far (not even a notice card, nothing...) and today is 09/18. I called them to start an investigation. Hopefully they'll find it...

1f93d9a2, 2009-10-14, 01:10PM CDT

I wish I could find 2 good words to say about Canada post. The only words that come to mind are the same words you used!

CANADA POST SUCKS!!!!

They are also preventing me from having a successful online business because of the costs to ship items.

Here is a petition you might want to sign. Please forward it to as many people as possible.

300b1548, 2009-11-11, 11:10AM CST

all i know is that Canada post sucks asssss.... fucking horrible customer service and they are so fucking limited as to what they can do for a customer. they cant change address because it is against the law .. WTF seriously

f272d586, 2009-11-20, 06:10PM CST

Seriously, I used Xpress post because it "Claims" it will get from Waterloo to Toronto the next day.

..did it get there the next day? OF COURSE NOT.

Did they give me a tracking number so that I can track my xpress post package? NOPE

Did they bother calling me on my phone number that I left on the package info to tell me the tracking number at least? NOPE

So now do I have to pay for 5 tickets that no one will ever use and waste more of my money because Canada Post couldn't do their job right? YUP

...seriously Canada Post, get your act together. It's a mailing service job - not rocket science. Your job isn't THAT hard.

dfd42615, 2009-12-14, 12:14PM CST

That is right! I used Xpresspost last month to deliver my passport!!that is very important, so thaht i use Xpress mail, and then it has been past one month, when i call them, they always say i will cal u back next week, and i never received any phone calls from canada post. When i asked them where is the mail, i can get for myself. They always answered me i dont know. so if they dont know, who should be responsiblity for the mail?me ? i hate them so much..i dont want to lost my mail. god bless me

f29075fd, 2010-02-17, 09:00PM CST

Yup - These people are RETARDS!

Or maybe they are brilliant.

How else do you make money on a SERVICE THAT DOESN'T WORK????!!!!

I sent a package by Expresspost 4 days ago and according to their tracking software - THE LETTER IS EXACTLY WHERE I LEFT IT.

Brilliant. Brilliant. Brilliant.

Next time I will use FedEX, UPS or walk to Florida to deliver it myself.

All would be easier and more reliable.

37316ef3, 2010-02-18, 10:51AM CST

YOU SHOULD REALLY ONLY SEND PASSPORTS REGISTERED MAIL, NOTHING ELSE

50df88fc, 2010-02-24, 07:15PM CST

Canada post is a motherfucking asshole piece of shit service. their customer service is a fucking joke.bunch of scum bags good for nothing bastards doing nothing but licking their ass all day.

I was sent a international package with some documents and all it says on the tracking page is that the international item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by customs from 1 months. Every time I call these fucking bad ass Canada post rip off people all they do is check online and ask me to wait another week. what the shittiest piss off service ever!!!!!!

Never ever going to ship anything Canada post again

d669eed1, 2010-02-24, 07:15PM CST

Never ever going to ship anything Canada post again

cd5714ff, 2010-03-08, 09:29AM CST

Hello,

Even I went through the worst mightmaire of my life by trusting the Canada Post! They lost my passports while it was coming from the US Embassy with my new US Visa. The mailman says that he might have dropped it into a wrong mailbox! Can you believe this??

This is the worst service I ever came across in my life in Canada!

108ab149, 2010-03-30, 10:54PM CDT

I really wish I read all posts here before I sent some important docs via Canada Post Xpresspost. After 9 business days, nothing happened and no any tracking information. That experience just like a nightmare. I am thinking a lawsuit. That is a kind of cheating and robbing, right?

a255f384, 2010-05-08, 02:23AM CDT

I sent a time-sensitive resume to the US consulate in Ottawa. It contained a copy of my US birth certificate, my US SIN#, my college and university transcripts and a galley. I sent it Xpresspost with a signature ($17.18). It left Vancouver and just...disappeared. Nothing. 3 days later I phone them...they'll investigate it, have an answer in 5 business days. F*ck, there goes the job opening....

32248d80, 2010-05-23, 06:20PM CDT

Yes Canadapost is terrible. Yes they lose things and a little google search will turn up several employee theft problems. Its Canada after all. Its all dirty brown immigrants at Canadapost. Now people are going to call me racist but I dont care. You get a bunch of brown arabic retards in the country, philipinos, Somalians etc ... they use and abuse every system and really enjoy the ass ape they are giving you and guess what - you let them. You give them all your time and tax dollars and cry about the poor refugees etc. Well guess who's running Canadapost? Go sit outside a sorting facility and count. Now go into their offices and count.

SO well you people are ready to say goodbye to scum sucking unions who are just mafia plain and simple taking your money under false pretenses. And you are ready to stop the "poor refugees" coming flooding out country - then you can complain. Until then it just going to get worse until one way you wake up with a Somalian etaing your heart while his Nigerian buddy chants some odd voodoo and not a thing you can do as they outnumber you 100 to 1. Poor refugees

1d9571eb, 2010-06-10, 01:02PM CDT

Hey All, A web site has been setup specifically for problems with Canada Post!

1c456dce, 2010-06-14, 10:56AM CDT

I've just experienced the mediocre service of Canada Post so called xpresspost system. Why can't we all come together and file a class action suit against Canada Post? We can continue to vent our anger here but it looks like they don't care until they begin to loose money and reputation in the eyes of the public.

Where are the good lawyers??

f7b50ec4, 2010-07-20, 02:32PM CDT

Does anyone know how long a package takes to get through customs? I have sent a package of jewelry that my dear friend in Canada bought from me. This package was sent from my hometown in Ohio (US). I have been reading these comments and I am just very disturbed because I cannot find the package anywhere and it has been 30 days now. I try to track it USPS but they said they cannot track it once it is in canada.

57663f16, 2010-08-23, 11:02AM CDT

If you are sick and tired of Canada Post delivering, damaged and or opened mail...this blog is of you!

78287e37, 2010-08-26, 06:41PM CDT

No they stink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DO NOT KNOW HOW they do survive-

EXPRESS MAIL FROM EDMONTON TO VANCOUVER TAKES 9 DAYS!!!!!!

WHAT IS WRONG CANADA POST??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7750a7c3, 2010-09-03, 04:35PM CDT

I just sent a package using Xpress. Package is lost. Important finacial documents. And now they won't even process a refund until after the package is found and successfully delivered. IF that happens then I can call back again for the 4th time and start the procedure to get a refund. Worst customer service I've ever had.

7f370469, 2010-09-08, 06:40AM CDT

First "fake" attemption at a delivery...

Track History

Date Time Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name

2010/09/07 15:24 NEWMARKET Item out for delivery

AM NEWMARKET Item successfully delivered

2010/09/03 20:51 WINNIPEG Item processed at postal facility

18:21 WINNIPEG Order information received by Canada Post

17:37 WINNIPEG Item picked up by Canada Post

b9db97b6, 2010-09-09, 07:03AM CDT

I hear you. They are theives. I just got burned for $200 in shipping charges in one week. Canada post sucks. UPS is pretty much crap. I've had it. I think I will go live in a cave so I dont have to deal with all of these screwed companies.

025f5f23, 2010-10-07, 09:37PM CDT

i think canada post purchased the retired donkeys from america's pony express. i sent a $78 usps money order from buffalo ny to vancouver bc...& it simply disappeared.

f3b4ce3c, 2010-11-08, 11:59AM CST

A package to Norway from Canada is twice the cost as sending the same package to Norway from the USA via USPS?

It certainly cant be because of Canada Posts good service, as their really isnt any.!!!

b46a2022, 2010-11-29, 05:53PM CST

Canada Post sucks..

The employees are thieves.

Who the fuck authorise these bastards that work for Canada Post to rip-off stuff from packages.

76fc591b, 2010-12-08, 10:44AM CST

I had a parcel sent from Pickering to Hamilton, I can look across the lake an almost see the house of the guy who sent it. Mailed on Dec.3...and lost. Gone!...and Canada Post couldn't care less ! I lived and worked in some pretty scary places in Africa over the years and Canada Post is WORSE than some of their services, which in most cases was pretty bad. What is going on here? We are becoming a third world nation.

e4cb3e97, 2010-12-13, 11:01AM CST

I mailed a package on Nov 17 in Victoria BC, to England. Advertised shipping time was 4 to 7 days. Well 21 days later and it still has not been delivered to the customer. They were able to track it to being recieved in the UK at customs on the 30th but that was 13 days ago now. So the local outlet said phone up and check and you should get your money back. I've called 5 times now and all I get is " We're busy phone back later" mmm that's not much help. Now what do I do???

824d20bc, 2010-12-22, 11:32AM CST

post canada doe,s suck....

83fa9c98, 2011-01-10, 09:04PM CST

Xpresspost is garbage, if i had the money and connections i would open up a mail delivery service. These idiots at canadapost have lost my money order and there is no accountablity, i hope that JESUS and GOD are watching these thieves if thats what they are.

c945148b, 2011-01-27, 08:16AM CST

The service does suck I sent a letter to the US on the 7 Jan and it didnt get there till the 26. You also can't track a letter after it leaves Canada. So why bother to pay for tracking. The lady the letter was going to sent me a parcel for $l.75 which I receive a week early then she received my letter, and yet in Canada I had to pay 13.95.

359354a7, 2011-01-12, 02:54PM CST

I too have given up with express post.

Last week I sent two packages to London.

Both late. Last year 1 to North Bay. Late.

On the positive side, I have discovered how to mail packages for nothing. Just mail it express post, and when it is late you get your money back.

07e44710, 2011-01-19, 12:00PM CST

I know this is old but I have to comment.

As much as I dislike Canada post I think this is unfair. Once a package leaves Canada Canada Post no longer is really involved. They rely on internatonal partners to send them delivery information so that the tracking works but this is not always done, some carriers never do it. They are not required to. The international shipping scene is a bit hairy at times. While the services might have been terrible it sounds like they were telling you everything they could. What do people expect them to do at this point?

d3deb318, 2011-02-03, 05:47AM CST

beware.

Xpresspost. they lie about tracking, the customer service is unprofessional, and four day service is more like four weeks.

i only use fedex now.

317396d4, 2011-02-09, 05:46PM CST

Agreed. Canadapost has the worst tracking system. It is just to convince you that packages ARE trackable when the truth is they are not. The system basically lists 3 things: 1: Where it left from, 2: If it goes across the border, and 3: When it arrives. Ex. Order made on the 1st, Shipped from destination on the 2nd. Estimated arrival is the 9th. Its the 9th, no tracking update and nothing for a week. Another one: shipped on the 5th, its the 12th NO UPDATES, only stating it was processed for shipping from the ORIGINAL DESTINATION. And even better all tracking is done over the 1-888 # the employees cant actually see where your package is, hmmmmm, this clearly proves the tracking system is poor-fair AT BEST. On top of that the level of incompetence and the lack of empathy by Post Office staff is always very reassuring. Once you pay to ship something say goodbye to niceness and civility, they DONT CARE!!! The website also states phone operators know nothing more than the site states, SO WHATS THE POINT???? I want to work for a government company and put everyone else tax $'s to work being a complacent automaton. Well done Canadapost again!

935c1861, 2011-02-22, 11:36AM CST

My gf is traveling to Kenya on March 3, and she needed to get a visa from the Kenyan high commission, so she sent the application package to them using Xpresspost - guaranteed overnight delivery. Well it didn't arrive until a week later, which puts her entire trip - at a cost of $12,000 - in jeopardy. I called Canada Post and they had no explanation whatsoever, and the rep had the gall to say "well, the people handling the packages are only human".

Absolutely unacceptable. I can accept mistakes get made, but there is no way that they should have no idea why a package going from Toronto to Ottawa was 6 days late. Their delivery guarantees are meaningless, and their customer service is horrendous. When I said I wanted to register a formal complaint, they said someone would get in touch within 5-10 business days. That pushed me over the edge, so I had to get connected to the rep's supervisor who got a very long earful on customer service.

I will never ever use Xpresspost again.

fb87e242, 2011-03-03, 08:46PM CST

I just sold an iphone on ebay and sent it by Xpresspost yesterday! When I checked the status of the package online it showed that it was received at the local post office yesterday. Then, I checked again today and it's no where to be found in the system. I tried calling Canada Post and I couldn't get to the customer service rep...The automated system disconnected the line after I pressed "0" which was the number I was supposed to press to speak to someone!!!

Anyway, so I went to the local post office from where I sent the package. The person working there was very nice. He tried to search the item on his website and he couldn't find it. He called the customer service himself and they were useless to him!!! He waited for almost 30 minutes and he asked to speak to the supervisor, who was also useless!!! They basically told him "it's a customer service issue, so let the customer call and we will deal with it." This is ridiculous, because they can't find the package and they say let him call again and we will deal with it!!!

97e61881, 2011-06-02, 01:29PM CDT

To the reply saying that Canada Post cannot do much once the package left the country and relies on foreign post offices, that's just wrong. Canada Post has lost my package, it was sent 3 weeks ago (3days garanteed). The last thing they told me is we contacted the French post office and they haven't replied: PICK UP THE PHONE! I called the French Post office and got a reply right away: they have nothing!

Canada Post could investigate which flight the package was in, they could contact the country's custom. They can do lots! AND update the customer. THEY DON'T. That's the most infuriating fact! They don't keep you updated!! Losing a package happens. But leaving your customer waiting FOREVER, that's REALLY BAD SERVICE.

cb5aa36e, 2011-11-30, 09:38PM CST

They Sucks, I couldnt agree more. Purchseed $2000 worth item from a vender in Montreal shipped thru what they call 2-day xpresspost to Vancouver BC. No more updates since they picked up the package according to the online tracking. It has been 4 days and still waiting for them to reply. After reading all these comments, I think the package is lost already, someone may already opened my package and sold the item or whatsoever. I have had horrible experience with UPS and etc, but they are all pretty efficient in correcting the mistake and making it right. But Canadapost, you dont. Stop strike for pay rise, do your job properly and those inresponsible workers are supposed to be laid off.

825a4ef3, 2011-12-01, 07:25PM CST

Do not expect quality service from Canada Post. I live in an apartment building and misdeliveries are notorious. I wander what percentage of parcels is taken for a ride around the city? Nobody knows and I do not think anybody from Canada Post management cares. Do not bother complaining it only escalates the problem. Unfortunately Canada Post has monopoly on most of postal services and they wont change unless privatized. Stay with UPS or FedEx if you can.

Jayanta K., 2012-09-24, 07:03PM CDT

Canada Post lost our four family passports that was sent using XPresspost service from immigration office. Their tracking portal says item is delivered but we never received the parcel. Customer service also couldn't share information of the nodal points where the parcel went through in the stages of delivery and none of my 150 neighbors also received the parcel too (distributed pamphlets) and talked to some of them.

012/09/20 10:53 MISSISSAUGA Item successfully delivered

09:42 MISSISSAUGA Item out for delivery

07:05 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at local delivery facility

02:06 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility

2012/09/19 17:24 OTTAWA Item processed at postal facility

The closest Canada Post retail office couldn't get the record shown on the computer using the provided tracking number - very frustrating.