Protect America Security and Home Alarms

Posted on Thursday, July 21st, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by 5428f5ee

Company: Protect America Security and Home Alarms

Protect America Security and Home Alarms

Protect America

Fayetteville NC My ex-husband signed up for this service 3 1/2 years ago in order to get the so-called "free" equipment. We divorced and I purchased our home. I read my contract about the 3 year term before it could be cancelled and knew the cancellation request had to be in writing. I faxed over a cancellation notice - signed and dated with my customer number, etc. When I called to check on the status of the account, first the customer service person put me on hold and did not return. I finally had to hang up and call back. This time, just saying I wanted to check on my last payment, the rep was much more pleasant initially. I was told the cancellation notice was received and my account was scheduled to be cancelled next year! If you don't cancel before your renewal date even if it is after the first 3 years - you are still obligated to pay a whole year more before they will cancel the service. Even though we are divorced and the house is no longer in his name, it did not matter.

There is no way out of the contract and the customer service person told me that a lawyer really couldn't help me out. My only options were to pay the account until next year or try to get someone else to take over the contract. This is absolutely rediculous. I paid my three years and still can't get out from under this company. They were very rude and unwilling to compromise. I am now a single mother who could use that money each month for more necessary items, but if i cancel the automatic payment then I will be assessed penalties and my account will be sent to collections according to the customer service rep. NEVER sign an agreement with this company! They are a rip-off and they seem to target military communities like we have here in Fayetteville NC. Shelley Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_46398#

39b30708, 2008-04-26, 01:13PM CDT

This happened to me too. I've been with this company three years and because I missed the 60 day windown, I'm obligated to pay another year. I'm so upset. They also tricked me. The rep. told me initially that I didn't need a phone line and after a signed realized that I did, so I had to get one. I didn't have a phone line because I have a cell phone and felt that is all I needed,so now I pay an extra $40 dollars for my line.