Dell Customer Service

Posted on Thursday, January 6th, 2005 at 12:00am CST by 8170b3f1

Company: Dell Customer Service

Dell Customer Service

I have the pleasure of owning a Dell Insperon 8200 laptop computer that has never been without problems. The latest problem, which began about one month ago, is that about 1 out of every 10 attempts to connect to the internet is successful. The other 9 times, the result is "server not found." I hired a computer technician who came to the conclusion that the network card was bad and that the mother board probably needed to be replaced. He recommended that I call Dell because this should be under warranty. Experience and results from calling Dell:

8:15am to 9:45am - 5 minutes to explain the problem. 85 minutes trouble shooting with the technician and getting the same result every time. This time was also spent changing my intermet and network settings and deleting various drivers (as I was instructed). After 1 1/2 hours, I was told to call my internet service provider to see if they had a problem (even though all 14 other computers in our office were working properly). The technician took my phone number and said he would call me back in exactly 1/2 hour (at 10:15am).

10:15am to 2:10pm - Wait for call back that never came (with my computer's technical settings altered)

2:10pm to 2:50pm - On hold with Dell

2:50pm to 3:00pm - I ask the technician why I was never called back. He doesn't know and begins asking about my computer problem (as if starting from scratch is the manual). When I told him that I already went through this for 1 1/2 hours, he stated that there was no information entered into the system about my earlier call. When I asked how that can be, he explained that their "systems don't work in the morning." When I asked why they bother taking calls if that is the case, I WAS HUNG UP ON. Thank you Dell for your wonderful customer service. Robert J. S

North Miami Beach, Fl 33160 Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_72124# Consumer