Providian visa

Posted on Tuesday, February 1st, 2005 at 12:00am CST by 4e9cbb29

Company: Providian visa

Providian visa

Providian Visa submitted a $40 debit to my checking account, only identifying it by a series of numbers. My bank was unable to tell me who submitted the charge. This debit resulted in an approx. -$7 . overdraft in my account

In trying to identify who this was, whether authorized or not, I called Providian Visa as I had recently made a $40 online payment to them. At the time, my account said nothing was due, but I wanted to make a payment. I spoke to their customer service twice and they assured me that the payment I made was processed, that they did not submit the questionalbe $40 dollar draft from my account.

2 weeks later, I receive a letter stating that my $40 payment had been returned to them and they closed my account, which was current and up to date with or without this payment.

I called them and tried to resolve the manner, and they chastized me for "not keeping up my bank account" and were unapologetic.

I called back to get an email address of the manager I was told to contact via phone the next business, and the csr that I spoke to said there was no access to that manager via phone whatsoever (meaning the other manage lied just to get me to "go away."

As there are so many call centers in so many states, or outside the US (eg India), there is no way to get back to the original people I spoke with. There is no available complaints/grievance information online or via the crs's via the 1800 number.

Judy T Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_72284# Consumer