Monitronics and their false referrel coupons

Posted on Saturday, January 29th, 2005 at 12:00am CST by 470fe7ee

Company: Monitronics and their false referrel coupons

Monitronics and their false referrel coupons

Monitronics

12801 North Stemmons Freeway, Suite 821, Dallas, Texas 75234-5879

I have been a loyal customer with this alarm company for 3 years. When I signed up for the service I was told that if I had a referral and they installed a system in there home or business, I could receive one free month of monitoring.

About 6 times a year I get a coupon or card from Monitronics asking for a referral. So I decided to do so. I followed the instructions on the coupon. The referral took the 3 year contract agreement and the monitor was installed. I called Monitronics to get my free month and I was told I had to wait three months to even request the free month.

The reason I am so angry is that this is false advertisement. No where on the coupon does it say you have to wait 3 months. They auvious don't have much faith in there system or that the customer will be satisfied enough to even keep the service.

This was misleading to me and the new customer. I complained to the Monitronics representative about the miss representation and she said "she knew the statement on the coupon was wrong or misleading. I don't know anything about monitoring services but I do know this I can't trust this one. I'm switching to ADT or some other company.

san h Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_72397# Consumer