2002 Chrysler Sebring

Posted on Thursday, January 20th, 2005 at 12:00am CST by edcc50dd

Company: 2002 Chrysler Sebring

2002 Chrysler Sebring

I have a 2002 Chrysler Sebring that I just had to replace the rear struts. On the right side the struts were in pieces, I still have them in a bag. The left side are all corroded. The garage that did the work charged me $247.87 and they thought that it was ridiculous that a car as new as mine should have to be replacing the struts, never expecting them to be in the condition that they were in.

The man that did the work even took the pieces up to Weekly's garage in Butler, they said that there was no recall on the struts and they weren't under warranty.

I've bought new cars for 34 years, this was my very first Chrysler, this isn't the first thing I've had to replace, I've already had to replace all the rotors, that I thought was ridiculous for a fairly new car! Funny that I never had to replace all of that on the Chevy and Fords that I've owned in the past! So far, I feel this car is made of junk, the parts corrode, pit and fall apart.

I paid $20,000.00 for this car, no, more, because I keep on paying to keep it running because it is corroding away before my eyes. Bottom line, the struts shouldn't have fallen apart into pieces, in 2 years. The rotors shouldn't have been pitted and had to be replaced in less than 2 years...junk, junk, junk. I want answers.

Joy S

Butler, Ohio 44822

Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: //

dc09bd79, 2008-07-19, 10:43PM CDT

I have had the same problem, but they say that they re on back order aprox. 8000 of them and no recall what is the problem they say not enough evidence or complaints

f38713ce, 2008-07-21, 03:49PM CDT

Same problem here. RR strut plate corroded and snapped, LR looks on the verge. Back order is 2 months for parts and used parts I have found look the same. I like the car but it has nickel and dimed me to death. Anyone have answers?

J.D.