Ababy.com - Ababy.com round crib damaged and poor quality

Posted on Tuesday, January 18th, 2005 at 12:00am CST by a174c2dc

Product: round crib

Company: Ababy.com

Category: Furniture

On 12/28/04 I purchased approximately $1200 worth of merchandise including a round crib and round crib bedding set. On the following day 12/29/04 I purchased a valance and curtains to match the bedding set about $75. I received the bedding set and checked it over very carefully it cost $400 and found several flaws on the fabric - one was a run and the other was an area that was sewed improperly and then re-sewed but it left holes in a very delicate fabric.

When I received the curtains, which were supposed to match the set but were only sheer white curtains (no matching design) for a high price, and no valance - but a pillow instead for which I did not order - I decided to send it all back together for a refund. They received it on 1/14/05 and I am still awaiting a credit. The crib came damaged, nearly every piece had problems and it looked as if it had a coat of primer and no paint. It is a white crib and should be painted white so you cannot see the wood through it. Many pieces had flaws or damage and I took pictures of all the pieces. I paid $85 freight and called to ask the company to come pick it up or give me a call tag.

They told me I would have to ship it back at my own expense. I explained nicely that the crib had damage to almost every piece and the paint job was horrible and that I just wanted them to return it and deal with the manufacturer themselves. They sent me an email today stating I would have to ship the crib to them at my expense and that if it came damaged, (which it already was from poor craftsmanship), I would have to make a claim to the carrier (either UPS or FedEx). I do believe that would be fraud.

I just wanted them to pick it up and credit me back the charges because the merchandise was damaged and not as advertised. They said the mattress wasn't damaged and so I would receive a merchandise credit only. This is not their return policy and since it was over $1000 purchase I must now pay my attorney to recover my expenses. Very disappointed with this store. Do they really think I would use a merchandise credit to buy something else after the email I received about returning the crib? I would never do business with this company.

54185b57, 2012-06-25, 02:54PM CDT

I ordered a trundle for a daybed on 6/12. It was supposed to be delivered within a week. I can't get a straight answer from the company. I was told it would go out 6/22, now I am told 6/25. I cancelled today because I have no confidence in the company.