SurplusAlert.com / Kazza Gold / Wholesale FYI

Posted on Wednesday, February 9th, 2005 at 12:00am CST by a66de67a

Company: SurplusAlert.com / Kazza Gold / Wholesale FYI

SurplusAlert.com / Kazza Gold / Wholesale FYI

Thank you for your site. Most of my experiences have been good. However, there are three I do want to warn other consumers about....

1) Kazza Gold: This is a site that promises great chances to share in music, movies, and software with other members. It has a onetime lifetime membership fee. ($19.95 or $29.95) I did this last August. I know it was one of these amounts. I think I paid the higher price for the Deluxe Version. If need be I can call my bank for the exact amount paid.

I downloaded their software and began to look through the shared files. The first shock I had was at the language and sexual content. I immediately wanted to cancel and contacted the company. They too offered a 'no refund' policy but didn't list that policy and were unconcerned to do it after I complained. The best they offered me was a polite tech that showed me how to block the rough sexual content. I did that and it did block those type of files.

Stuck with this membership I looked through a few music, movie, and software files. I downloaded a couple. And to my dismay one of the files had a virus, one was incomplete, and the other showed itself to be corrupted.

After cleaning up the virus off my computer I tried a couple more files. Another incomplete file and another virus. So, I complained to several people in the company. Again another tech was apologetic and admitted others were having that problem too. But, a couple others I emailed and spoke to on the phone had a very flip, so what attitude.

I didn't download anymore after two viruses. Then, in December I still had their software on my computer. So, I thought they might have cleaned up some of the viruses with enough complaints and it had been over 4 months.

And there came the surprise with the 'lifetime membership' I had purchased in August 2004. It had a message saying that unauthorized memberships had been sold and a person could file a complaint.... Yeah right...

I am sure it was the same company... with the same skill at giving a consumer a run around that I had experienced in August.

KAZZA GOLD.... Buyer be more than beware.....

2) Wholesale FYI: This site promised great liquidator products with many up to 90% off. It stated that it is a site that can help those seeking to make money with Internet Business with Wholesale Companies and more. It had a sign-up fee of $49.95 and mentioned an additional monthly charge of $6.95 if a person stays subscribed.

(Their wild claims have been removed since January 2005 when I signed up. I complained strongly about their misrepresentation)

However, that doesn't make up for their site. I signed up and payed through Paypal. They sent a password information as it is a password protected site.

I went into the site and was shocked and beyond disappointed. They only had a small group of sites listed. One of the links was outdated. Another provided unimpressive discounts. Another link they offered, required a person apply and be reviewed before they could even see their products and prices. And so it went.... I contacted the company within minutes and requested a cancellation and full refund.

They cancelled my subscription promptly but didn't and wouldn't refund the money. I insisted on it and stated that they are required to state a 'no refund' policy if they don't refund.

All of the sudden they had a disclaimer on their site.... I didn't see it and don't think it was there when I was signing up. I can't prove it wasn't there.

I still insisted they had misrepresented their site and since they didn't let consumers 'see' it beforehand they were responsible to represent their site accurately.

They refused to refund. There site was more than unsatisfactory. I am writing others so they don't feel the 'sting' I did from these people. I received absolutely no value from them and feel it was a real injustice to consumers. It cost me $49.95 for a few minutes of dissatisfaction on this site. Nothing more....

Their site address: http://www.wholesalefyi.com/

3) SurplusAlert.com: A couple of warnings about this site. My experience with them was Jan 2005.

I was looking up wholesale information with a search engine. They had an ad for 'free' information for running successful auctions on Ebay.

Please note my warnings to other consumers:

--They give away auction information with a splashy ad... 'if' you just pay for the shipping costs. That is how they get your credit card information.

--Next, they offer for you to take a look at their surplus site with a trial membership so you can see their prices.... They emphasize the 'only' way a membership is activated is if you actually purchase anything with them.

A membership that costs $29.95 a month.

After looking at their site.... it wasn't that great of a deal (from my perspective) and with sites like overstock.com which is an honorable and honest company. And other sites that offer great deals without the membership fees.

Anyway, they sent me an email confirming the information that was being sent to me.

A week or so later they sent me an email congratulating me on my 'new' membership with them. They went on to state the date I would start being charged the $29.95 a month fee.

I couldn't believe it! And immediately regretted that they had my credit card number (that I had given them for the shipping fees for the 'free' CD of information they were sending)

I contacted them immediately by email and by phone. And followed up with a couple of emails to 'make sure' that membership I hadn't agreed to was cancelled.

They took the attitude that I had.... and although I corrected them and called it their 'mistake' .... it felt like a slick real fast come on .... not a company I trust.

I will be checking my credit card just to make sure they don't go ahead and charge me. I don't think they will.... but they are slick....

My advice: free information that requires a fee for shipping may have consequences.... WATCH OUT*

And be careful with SurplusAlert.com

http://www.surplusalert.com/ They do want your $29.95 a month!

Well, that is all..... most of my experiences have been good. But, watch out for these three companies.

Christine H

Click this link to e-mail the above consumer:

9562e09f, 2008-10-29, 07:53PM CDT

SOME HOW SURPLUS ALERT GOT MY CREDIT CARD FROM A FREE C.D. FROM MY DOLLAR STORE.COM I THINK THESE COMPANIES ARE IN ON THIS SCAM TOGETHER. THEY TAKE OUT 9.95 THEN .06 OUT OF MY ACCOUNT I NEVER WENT TO SURPLUSALERT'S WEB SITE I NEVER GAVE THEM MY CREDIT CARD EITHER. BEWARE OF WHAT YOU DO OVER THE INTERNET!