1999 Kia Sportage

Posted on Saturday, February 5th, 2005 at 12:00am CST by 98a754ff

Company: 1999 Kia Sportage

1999 Kia Sportage

We recently purchased a 1999 Kia Sportage and are running into nothing but trouble with it. It began with the check engine light coming on, and it is constantly wanting to stall when we try to pass or when you have to come to a stop quickly. We had a diagnostics check run on it and came up with an O2 sensor needing to be replaced. Had that replaced and also had the fuel filter replaced, thinking this would solve all our problems.

The check engine light was off for about a day but came back on again. Now it is still stalling and theres a smell of something burning and rotten eggs. I called the Kia customer service number and asked about a recal of some sort or any suggestions.

They seem totally oblivious to this problem and suggested we take it to a Kia dealer near us. I called our local dealer and they told me that for roughly 97.00 they could run a check. (no guarantee that the costs would stop at that, or that the problem could be solved) So i decided to look up on the net any other people that have the same trouble and there are HUNDREDS of complaints about the same problem with absolutly no solution to it.

I am at my wits ends with this, i dont think that the Kia people understand not everyone can pull 100.00 out of their back pocket every week to repair their car. This is also a huge safety issue. Nothing like driving at 65 MPH and having your vehicle stall out. If you have any suggestions, advise, or maybe can point me in the right direction with this i would truely appreciate it. (because the Kia customer service dept. has been absolutly NO help at all)

thank you very much...

jodie y Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_73144# Consumer