2000 GMC Yukon XL

Posted on Saturday, February 26th, 2005 at 12:00am CST by d9c13309

Company: 2000 GMC Yukon XL

2000 GMC Yukon XL

In August 2004 the window washing reservoir on my 2000 GMC Yukon XL developed a hole, letting the washer fluid leak out. It cost $388.00 to replace it. After a great deal of arguement, General Motors paid for part of the repairs.

In January, 2005 the window washer mechanism started to leak again. The Service Attendant at Sewell GMC in Dallas, Tx said it appeared that battery acid had leaked down on the winder washer pump mechanism and caused it to leak.

They quoted me a cost of approximately $300.00 to repair it. They also refused to honor their warranty on the battery which went bad at two and one-half years, even though it had a six year warranty.

I contacted General Motors and they have refused to pay any of the cost to repair the window washing mechanism. If I pay and have it repaired, when future batteries go bad, the same thing will occur again.

So, I could expect to have to pay $300.00 for such repairs about every three years when batteries have to be replaced. Meanwhile, I have a vehicle which cost approximately $40,000.00 on which the window washer does not work and neither GM nor its dealers will do anything to help.

The vehicle obvious has a design problem with the battery being mounted directly above the window washing mechanism, allowing escaping acid from the battery to leak down on it.

Robert P

Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_73332# Consumer

41918c44, 2008-07-08, 05:50PM CDT

I'd never buy a $40,000 GMC's, cause it looks like you throw your $ to the river!