Harbor Breeze ceiling fan motor

Posted on Friday, February 25th, 2005 at 12:00am CST by 17711e01

Company: Harbor Breeze ceiling fan motor

Harbor Breeze ceiling fan motor

I have a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan, model # N052MWW6LK that was purchased from Lowes about 18-20 months ago. The motor recently developed a short in what appears to be the armature. I called the toll-free number and was surprised to find out that it was a “customer service” provider for Harbor Breeze.

Both times that I called, I was told that a representative from Harbor Breeze would contact me----this is yet to happen. I contacted the two Lowes stores in my area and each one told me that they could not order a new motor and that it would be better if I purchased a new one. If I have to purchase a new one, it will definitely be a Hunter, not a Harbor Breeze. What good is a Limited Lifetime Warranty is parts are not available?

MLFedderke

Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_73387# Consumer

18c6f042, 2008-12-25, 02:44PM CST

I agree with your earlier comments. I too will no purchase any motor items especially ones that offer no replacement parts. I have two and one motor went bad after 2 years. This is unacceptable. Suggest taking this product off your inventory.

5709fd15, 2009-01-06, 01:35PM CST

I hear this problem many times on several forums. You are not the only one.

I suggest you take a look at the link given here... http://www.ceiling-fan-wizard.com/ceiling-fan-parts.html

4e815521, 2009-03-01, 07:51PM CST

I purchased 3 Harbor Breeze Cheshire celing fans, #53453, after 4 months proper working one of the fans developed a short in the top of the fan motor. It woke me and my wife up one night with a very bright blue spark. I turned it on one day and a spark shot out and then did work again.

I think that there is a problem with the workmanship of these fans. Also if the company will not stand behind it products that says lot about the quaility of its products.

Also had to exchange one of the fans because it was wired wrong.

These are poorly constructed fans. DO NOT BUY!!!

2be957a7, 2010-08-09, 01:36PM CDT

I purchased 7 outdoor fans to go under my porch. Well 3 out of seven did not work when I first purchased them. Now 3 yrs later, 3 fans are not working, they are a cheap piece of crap,.Dont' waste your time or money, go get a Hunter they have a lifetime warr.