Cox Communications

Posted on Saturday, February 19th, 2005 at 12:00am CST by 64323621

Company: Cox Communications

Cox Communications

Cox Communications located in Las Vegas, Nevada

I signed up for their internet service in July of 2004. I told them that I only wanted the service for a month and a half. They told me it was no problem and that I can cancel and be refunded the difference in about 8 weeks. I canceled service in the middle of August. I was fully paid up for two months. I waited for the refund that I was promised until September and no refund came. Not only did they not refund my money, they also charged me with the price of a cable modem which I was required to buy when I signed up. I called them and they said it takes time and I'd get it in 8 weeks and they would take away the charge for the cable modem.

I waited until October 20th and when I still didn't get the refund, I called again. This time they said I should get it "shortly". Well, when I still didn't get the refund by January 3, 2005, I called for a third time and was told they sent it to my Las Vegas address. The mail gets forwarded to me from there but I never got any refund! So, I wrote them a letter explaining all that went on and demanded my refund. They didn't even have the courtesy to reply to my letter.

It is now February 18th and I still haven't heard form Cox and I still don't have my refund. I would encourage people to stay away from Cox Communications because they really don't care for their customers. I have written to the Las Vegas Better Business Bureau and the Nevada Attorney General. After all, if I was the one owing them money, you can bet that they would have sent a collection agency after me and ruined my credit rating. It's a shame that honest consumers have no other recourse than what I have taken when a big company like Cox Communication takes advantage of us.

DON'T SIGN UP WITH COX COMMUNICATION.

G. Szabo Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_73545# Consumer