2-Motorola $50 rebates; rebatestatus.com

Posted on Tuesday, August 9th, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by 006a378f

Company: 2-Motorola $50 rebates; rebatestatus.com

2-Motorola $50 rebates; rebatestatus.com

I bought two Motorola i530 phones. Each had a $50.00 rebate. I sent these in on May 7, 2005 and May 13, 2005. After checking the Rebatestatus.com website on June 21, 2005, I realized that only one was showing. I sent an email on 6/21/05 and received an email back stating that they only had one rebate and that I needed to fax all the information to them for both rebates. I did this on 6/22/05 and again on 6/27/05 after they informed me that they did not receive the first fax. I sent another email on 8/1/05 to inquire about the status.

At that time both had been sent over 10 weeks and one of them over 12 weeks. I received an email back stating that one was in the final stages of processing and the other was received on 7/14/05. I do not know where that date came from. Maybe they just pulled it out of the air. I replied to that email and told them that I should not be penalized for them losing my rebate and that I expected the submission date to be changed. I sent yet another email on 8/8/05 inquiring about the status and got that same reply. As of today, these rebates were mailed over 12 weeks ago. Please let me know if you can help. I feel like this is a scam or at least unethical business practices. Thank you, Melissa Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_46928#