Jiffy Lube 1557 General Booth Blvd Virginia Beach, VA 23454 757-491-8312

Posted on Wednesday, August 24th, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by beb1db53

Company: Jiffy Lube 1557 General Booth Blvd Virginia Beach, VA 23454 757-491-8312

Jiffy Lube 1557 General Booth Blvd Virginia Beach, VA 23454 757-491-8312

August 23, 2005

On Saturday 8/20/05, I took my new 2005 Honda CRV to have an oil change and tires rotated. Yesterday (8/22/05) on my way to out to dinner approximately 1 mile from where I was staying, my engine and oil light came on and my car stalled. My friend who was with me also noticed smoke coming from the hood of my car. We checked the oil and there wasn't any, so she drove me to Walmart and I purchased 2 quarts to put it into my vehicle to see if it would make a difference to at least get me a half a mile down the road back to Jiffy Lube. The oil poured out onto the parking lot.

My sister was called to get the number for Jiffy lube and when she couldn't find it, she drove there and spoke with the manager. When she explained the situation, the manager immediately said he would come to where the car was.

When the manager was sprayed with oil and could not fix it or find out what was wrong with it, it was towed to the local Honda dealership. The manager specifically informed us that nothing was to be done until Jiffy Lube was contacted IF it was their fault.

After diagnostics, it was found that Jiffy Lube was negligent. Jiffy Lube was contacted for over 6 hours today (8/23/05) before someone finally contact us (3pm). They were then asking us HOW they knew it was their fault.

Not only were they negligent in the oil change which caused multiple problems, they also said the tires were over inflated and ALL of the fluids were not topped off like they were documented in their report. Things they had documented in being done were not done or done incorrectly.

Hall Honda fixed the car, but we won't know what will lie ahead with the engine. Jiffy Lube is acting as if they hold NO responsibility.

Even the tow truck drive last night told us that he has a running list of the number of cars he has had to tow due to the ERRORS of the many Jiffy Lubes in the area.

I don't want anyone else to go through what I have had to go through. I just thank goodness I wasn't alone or getting ready to go on a long road trip. I was lucky my family lives near me and lucky I had a friend following me last night!!!!

Jiffy Lube MUST change! I DO KNOW that I will NEVER go there again and will make sure that I will tell everyone about my experience!

I feel like they owe me the money back from Saturday, the oil I purchased, the towing costs and all the costs to fix my vehicle and have it returned to the way it was before I took it to their establishment!!!

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Rae

Upset Consumer! Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_47696#