Wendy's / customer service

Posted on Sunday, August 14th, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by d0a8c4dc

Company: Wendy's / customer service

Wendy's / customer service

August 13, 2005

My friend and I pulled up to the drive thru at the Wendy's in Middletown, CT. I begin to order a #1 w/ extra tomatoe and lettuce. The teller asks me to repeat myself. So I repeat my order a little bit louder. She then tells me "not to get an attitude." I told her I wasn't getting an attitude and that I talked louder because she said she didn't hear me the 1st time. She began to repeat the order to me incorrectly. I then retold the order and she once again said not to get an attitude. I decided to then get out of my car, go in and complain to the manager about her attitude. On the way into the Wendy's, we could hear her swearing out the window. When we got into the Wendy's, we could hear her swearing from the back. I then began to complain to the manager and he said he would take care of her. She continued to yell and swear and even came up and threatened to "meet her outside." After she finally punched out (10 minutes later), she went outside and got all her friends and family to join her in her stupidity. I told the manager if she came anywhere near me I would call the cops. He said he would make sure nothing happened but when we got outside he was nowhere to be seen and her whole "crew" was still out there talking "stuff."

I call back the next day to speak with the other manager and he said he would talk with Human Resource. About five hours later I call back to see if he'd done anything and I was shocked to hear that she didn't automatically get fired. He puts me on the phone with supposedly the Human Resource person and not more then two seconds after I introduce myself and began to explain the situation she tells me not to get an attitude in the rudest tone I have ever heard. We go back and forth and then she had the nerve to say I was egging her ignorant employee on and that she would call the cops if I called back and then she didn't feel like talking anymore and hung up the phone.

Now listen, I don't care how bad someone's day was, you do not threaten paying customers or anybody for that matter. And it's bad enough she wanted to get her whole family involved. Excuse my French but what a pussy ass thing to do. What? You can't take me on yourself? Anyway, boycott Wendy's at 950 Washington St., Middletown, CT.

jennifer Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_46688#

9454238a, 2008-11-23, 12:53AM CST

The quantity of your food is no longer than what it was. Wendy"s use to sell their food in a better quantity when i felt i was getting good food for a good price considering the circumstances of today's economy. This officially makes as good as McDonalds and Burger King. I have finally lost my faith in Wendy's service.

Angela, a once good customer of Wendy's until they decided to start ripping people off too.

9454238a, 2008-11-23, 12:55AM CST

9454238a, 2008-11-23, 12:58AM CST

Angela, a once good customer of Wendy's, but not any more.

c636a5c1, 2009-02-03, 11:23AM CST

WENDYS just opened on Fairfield Avenue in Bridgeport and they are awful, Cannot get an order straight, no cheese on the cheeseburger twice, ordered 2 fries, got 1 fry, ordered plain ceasar salad got salad w/chicken, ordered plain Cheeseburger with Bacon & Cheese only, got the works. What is going on!!!! I have been there 3 times since they opened less than a week ago and they can't get an order straight. I don't know why or for what reason but there was no diverse hiring in this group, 100% hispanic which doesn't seem fair to the rest of the population.

36e7d57c, 2009-08-05, 03:16PM CDT

I had a similar experience at Wendy's in Orlando..West Colonial Drive/Pine Hills Shopping Cetrer...supposedly open for late night (2 am) drive thru....I went there at 1:40 am..pulled up to drive thru......sat......sat ...sat some more......finally pulled around to window......black girl/lady whatever...just tried to ignore me at first...I sat there until I was atleast acknowledged.....she glared at me finally and said.......We closed motherf....r.....making the nad motion back and forth in front of her throat...whatever that means!

I was so furious and in astonishment I drove off!

c979eb6b, 2010-03-30, 07:17PM CDT

That sounds like a normal thing from the wendy's company. i just quit working there today. i was a manager there for two years. i got treated like shit. then when i talked to another manager when i went to go hand in my keys he told me that the General manager never did like me from the start? i said what? he said you couldn't tell but it all clicked from there i could tell now! i remembered how she treated me! 7000 east mayo ave. scottsdal az. don't bother waisting you good brain cells there!

49116c8a, 2010-08-24, 02:13PM CDT

No offence, but if everyone you spoke with has told you that you are getting an attitude, then maybe the problem here is you. Also, "don't threaten paying customers"?....if you didn't receive any product, and you didn't hand over any money, you are not a customer. This is probably why the girl didn't get fired:you didn't buy anything, and you apparently have a rude tone when you talk to people because human resources picked up on it too. Fix your voice, and maybe your complaint will be heard next time. In the meanwhile, just order the number one regular-it already has lettuce and tomato on it.You don't really NEED the extra.

Also, newsflash:you are trying to get someone FIRED just because you want extra lettuce and tomato. What about her income, and her family? You deserve extra lettuce and tomato so much that someone should lose their life over it? She deserves to lose her home because you couldn't get extra lettuce and tomato? Give me a break. You didn't even buy anything, drama queen. They pay minimum wage, and this girl is probably living paycheck to paycheck, and doesn't even have a car since she obviously was not the manager (who, coincidentally is the only one making enough money to afford a normal life). Get over yourself. You are rude. The girl said she couldn't hear you, that means repeat yourself. That doesn't mean YELL into the mic as if she is retarded.

Then, to top this off, you are mad that she didn't fight you? Are you kidding me? Get over yourself.Like Dave said, just be nice.

da38edbf, 2010-12-14, 02:36PM CST

My husband and I stopped at a Wendys in Kalamazoo on Gull Road. We ordered a hamburger, fries and drink. Girl at counter said fries had made fries so she would bring us some out. We said ok. We ate our hamburger drank our drink and still no fries. We saw them give others fries so went to counter an ask about our fries. Girl whos name she said was Samantha said oh I forgot My husband stood there while she waited on three more customers thean finnally gave us fries. Who wants fries after you have eaten all your other food? I and my husband were both not happy.

bbbf12f5, 2011-07-03, 06:21PM CDT

WHAT HAPPENED HERE IS TIPICAL OF THE WENDY'S ATTITUDE.It all started when Dave Thomas died.If something is not done soon Wendy's will be history