Sears MasterCard

Posted on Sunday, May 1st, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by ab941daf

Company: Sears MasterCard

Sears MasterCard

About five years ago, I received an offer from Sears to exchange my Sears credit account for a MasterCard account. I declined the offer, having held and used my Sears Card for many years. A couple of weeks later, I received two Sears MasterCards in the mail. I promptly destroyed them, thinking that they had crossed in the mail with my refusal of their offer.

About a year or two later, I tried to use my Sears Card at a local Sears retail store. I was told that the card was not valid because the account had been closed. I paid for my purchase with a VISA card and determined that I would no longer do business with Sears. Naturally, I also destroyed my Sears Cards. In January, I ordered the free copies of my credit report that are available to everybody under the new federal credit reporting law. My credit reports show that both the old Sears account, and the Sears MasterCard account are open, even though I specifically declined acceptance of one, and was told by Sears that the other had been closed without my knowledge. In today's mail I received a notice from Sears MasterCard informing me of changes in terms and conditions, including an increased interest rate, late payment fees, over-limit fees, etc. I no longer shop at Sears, and have no intention of ever doing so again. My concern is that they have apparently opened a credit account in my name, without my knowledge or consent, and I have no way whatsoever of knowing whether some criminal or identity thief might be using an apparently valid account number to run up substantial charges for which Sears might try to hold me responsible. Is there no way that consumers can protect themselves from large, predatory companies like Sears anymore? Richard C. Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_43043#

e8ea2da2, 2008-04-01, 02:58PM CDT

How does one login in without information from the actual card.

I currently do not have the card itself and without it I cannot login or even register on to the site.

Anonymous, 2008-04-29, 04:07PM CDT

Sear gold mastercard is bad news here lately. I've been with sears mastercard since 1995. This year they sent me a new card that I've activated so many times. Everything seem to be okay for a couple of uses and then they block the card and say how sorry they are. Not! So I decided to use the low interest checks the first one went through. Then the next two the block and sent back. They sad that the card was not activated and sent the checks back. Then they charged me $29.00 fee on each check, plus I still have the fees to pay to who I wrote them to. Plus late fees and the sears supervisor told me to tell the bank to drop the fees, and that was a no go. I've never been late or short a payment since I had the card, but this is how they treat you. I pay my bills on time and donot write bad checks