Long John Silver's and Kentucky Fried Chicken dual franchise location

Posted on Monday, April 25th, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by e644ea80

Company: Long John Silver's and Kentucky Fried Chicken dual franchise location

Long John Silver's and Kentucky Fried Chicken dual franchise location

Kentucky Fried Chicken and Long John Silver’s dual franchise location 2242 Highway 71 Marianna, Florida To Whom It May Concern: First of all, let me stress that we are NOT troublemakers or are we looking for ANYTHING free! We feel that someone needs to know what happened to us at this store! My husband and I went into a dual franchise store with Long John Silver and Kentucky Fried Chicken located at exit 142, Interstate 10 in Marianna, Florida tonight, April 25, 2005. It was about 7:45PM and there were only 2 other customers in the store. The front doors (the ones facing the main street) were locked. We walked to the side entry doors and the right door was locked but the left one was open. I checked the closing time (9 PM on Sunday night) to be sure they were open. We went into the restrooms to wash our hands and then to the counter to order. The girl at the counter acted like we had interrupted her, but we didn't see her doing anything other than standing. We ordered two platters with 2 pieces of fish, fries, hushpuppies and Cole slaw, and two drinks.

My husband also ordered an extra piece of fish. We received our order and tried to find a clean table to sit at. There were no clean tables! There were napkins on some, pieces of food on others, and general mess on others where food and drinks had been sitting. We picked a table in the northwest corner of the restaurant that was the least dirty, wiped it down ourselves and sat down. Problem!!! The fries were cold and tasted like they were from the morning shift! My husband had a hushpuppy that was so hard, he couldn't mash it and he is not a weak man! So... he went to the counter and asked for some fresh fries...what did we get?? Fries that had been heated up somehow (we think by dumping them back into the oil!) and brought out to us as fresh fries! By this time we were absolutely fed up! We have never done this before, but we walked out without cleaning up our used plates. We thought that maybe then the table might get cleaned, at least on the top. The floor is another story! The girl at the counter...who was too busy to bother with us when we wanted to order...ran after us and told us to clean our table. We told her since we had cleaned it up to eat; we were not cleaning it again! A young man, who said he was the manager, yelled at us out the drive-thru window and said we "WOULD" clean up our trash! He came outside with the tray. I asked him what store number was this location and he said K15. My husband told him that we had asked for fresh fries and got refried fries. We didn't ask for fresh hushpuppies. He told us we "WOULD" put our trash up or he would put it on our vehicle. All of the stressed words are as he stated to us. All of this was occurring while he was walking outside with the tray and with Sonny's Barbeque customers (located next door) looking on. My husband told him that we would be glad to do clear our trash if he would refund our money for the fries. He stated that he didn't get tips for cleaning! As my husband asked for the refund for the fries, he put his hand on this young man's shoulder in a friendly gesture.

The "manager" told him to not touch him and then I said maybe we should call the cops! After all, I had the distinct impression that this manager was about to get violent with my husband! There was another employee outside as well that was also acting aggressively. The manager walked inside cursing us as I walked to Sonny's Barbeque to call since we had left our cell phone in our truck. By the time I walked inside Sonny's, several local people that were inside Sonny's asked what was wrong since it was obvious there was a problem and I was upset. I related the above to them and was told that they never go there since they have had problems as well. I decided to write an email instead. We really don't like to complain, but this young man's attitude was just a little too much! The store was filthy, the fries were cold and nasty, and the hushpuppies would have made good ammunition (HARD!!!). This manager's attitude was that he had the right to order us to do something that evidently his employees would not - clean the tables. I would like to be charitable and say maybe there had just been a rush, but since three doors that we tried were locked, I really don't think that was the case! Isn't it against the fire codes to have doors locked during business hours?? I do have a compliment... there was ONE employee that had a smile on her face and did try to make things right. She was working drive-thru I think, since she did have a head set on. She apologized for the fries and hushpuppy. That should have been the manager's job. Not hers! We do want to give praise where praise is due! As for us, we will not be back. Mealtime is supposed to be a relaxing time, not a time of confrontation! Kathie Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_42530#

abf78e93, 2008-01-16, 01:36AM CST

did you say you put your hand on an employee?? ooh that's not good.

c458eec9, 2009-01-15, 11:29AM CST

No doof her hubby did still not good though..