Rockaway Bedding, Bay Ridge Brooklyn / Pricing error

Posted on Thursday, April 21st, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by a66de67a

Company: Rockaway Bedding, Bay Ridge Brooklyn / Pricing error

Rockaway Bedding, Bay Ridge Brooklyn / Pricing error

Rockaway Bedding, Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, NY email:COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_74489# A brand new Rockaway Bedding opened on Bay Ridge. It ran an ad in the NY Daily News on April 10th, 2005 with grand opening sale prices and a super coupon which listed discounts on a sliding scale!! On April 12th, I went to the store and purchased a full size Sealy Posturpedic Plentiful mattress and box spring. The sale price of the mattress listed in the paper was $ 669. This is also the same price listed on their website. I showed the salesman the ad, and he said he would give me a $100 discount. The transaction was charged to my credit card and a delivery date was set for April 15th. I did not look at the receipt until I got home and realized that instead of charging $669 less the $100 he charged me $699 less the $100. I called the store the following day to find that the salesman I dealt with was "at another store" and spoke with a woman named Kenya, who informed me she would have to take it up with customer service and get back to me. In the meantime, the mattress and box spring were delivered and I was pleased with the purchase and the prompt delivery. I again called the store and told a man named John (neither Kenya nor my original salesman were in the store), who said he was the store manager..when I asked about this rotation of sales people. I informed him of the billing error and the subsequent ignoring of the complaint. He told me that I would have to speak to "Customer Service" (An oximoron if there ever was one.) He gave me the phone number. There I spoke to Mandy....who has no idea of the meaning of the words "Customer Service" That lady could use a refresher course in polite manners and that the customer is always right!!! She told me that I would have to call the store....told her been there, done that and that John told me to call you!!! She put me on hold, while she spoke to John.

She told me she would have to get back to me....telling me that the store runs a "number of ads with different prices and perhaps the ad was old" Told her the ad ran on April 10th and I purchased on April 12th. Shouldn't the prices be standard?? Or is this the old bait and switch scam? She then said that she would look into it and get back to me. It is now April 20th and I still have not heard from anyone at Rockaway Bedding. I know that $30 may not seem like much to people, but it is the principle of the transaction. I thought I was getting a $100 discount, but instead received $70. Perhaps I should have caught it in the store, but I didn't. So, let this be a warning to all potential shoppers. I would appreciate any assistance complaints.com could give me.

Sincerely Click this link to e-mail the message author: