1998 Mazda 626

Posted on Saturday, April 2nd, 2005 at 12:00am CST by 16abf79d

Company: 1998 Mazda 626

1998 Mazda 626

I bought a 1998 Mazda 626 from a used car dealership in RI in February 2005. It had 97K on it but was in excellent condition. It came with a 4500 powertrain warranty from Eagle Warranty Company. It now has 99K miles on it and about a week ago the O/D OFF indicator on my dash began blinking and everytime the car shifted there was a loud BANG.

I brought it into a transmission specialist who told me that the transmission was trashed. He went into detailed description as to why the O/D light came on and told me there were known issues with the Mazda transmissions because they are actually made by Ford.

I researched the car before I bought it and Consumer Reports gave it an excellent rating. I am extremely upset that even though I did my homework, I still ended up with a HUGE repair bill. Even though it is under warranty I am still looking at least a $500 bill.

Ellen

Click this link to e-mail the message author: //

Subscribe to our Free, Privacy Protected E-mail Newsletter | Browse Consumer Complaints - by Date Home | About | Press | Terms | Privacy | How it Works | Business Replies &#169 Copyright 2005, Complaints.com