Abebooks.com - Abebooks.com - I was told by Abebooks.com that since I was sent incorrect merchandise, I could return it and my full purchase price, shipping and *return shipping* would be refunded.

Posted on Friday, September 10th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 59af39c6

Company: Abebooks.com

Category: Internet Services

This online merchant does not keep its promises to refund money a buyer has to spend to send back an incorrect item. I bought a book from one of their sellers, who sent me the wrong book.

Well, after over a month and several e-mails later, I got the refund for my purchase but not for the promised return shipping. It seems the seller lied and said I did not receive the wrong book, so Abebooks.com believes them, not me, and will not refund my shipping costs.

This despite the fact that the seller would never answer my e-mails, and had to be contacted multiple times by Abebooks.com just to get them to acknowledge that I returned the book.

I will never buy from Abebooks.com again.

D&K C