Posted on Thursday, September 9th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by aa3c9eb6

Company: Sonic Drive In, Tracy, California - I was at this location on Saturday July 24th, 2004 and ordered $11.39 worth of items. Our food was delivered and we gave them $10.00 worth of gift certificates and $1.39 in cash. The car hop didnt know how to ring up th

Sonic Drive In, Tracy, California - I was at this location on Saturday July 24th, 2004 and ordered $11.39 worth of items. Our food was delivered and we gave them $10.00 worth of gift certificates and $1.39 in cash. The car hop didnt know how to ring up the gift certificates so she said she would return shortly after finding out how to ring them up.

Sonic Drive In

Sonic Drive In, Tracy California

I was at this location on Saturday July 24th, 2004 and ordered $11.39 worth of items. Our food was delivered and we gave them $10.00 worth of gift certificates and $1.39 in cash. The car hop didnt know how to ring up the gift certificates so she said she would return shortly after finding out how to ring them up. Shortly after a young girl came out and asked us where we got the certificates from, cause she didnt know what to do with them.

We told her that they were birthday gifts so we didnt know where they came from. She insisted that she could not take them unless we knew where we got them from. We told her repeatedly that we didnt know which location they came from as they were sent to us as gifts. She then told us that the owner of that location would not accept the certificates since they didnt know where they came from. Now what difference that makes, I'm still trying to figure out.

I told the girl to take back her food and give us our money and certificates back which she did. That was stupid as she lost the money and had to throw away the food we had started to eat. I got the number off of the menu board, got out my cell phone and called them from the car to complain about what happened. While we were sitting in the car getting ready to leave, an older man came out to the car and asked us where we got those certificates from. I dont know who this man was, I asked him but he wouldnt tell us who he was.

I told him they were a gift from 2 years ago and we have no idea where the person got them from. He accused us of going to a Sonic reaching thru the window and stealing these certificates. You cant even go into a Sonic, so how much sense does that make? I was furious! I got right back on the phone and called back and reported what this employee had said and was told twice that a Supervisor from that area would call me back.

It's been over a month now and I have not heard from anyone regarding this incident. I have called back to Sonic several times and asked why I had not been contacted, and have constantly been told that someone will call me. Today I am filing a report with the Better Business Bureau and the local tv and newspaper in that area. Thank you for the opportunity to let others know.

Tammy L

Porosity Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: //

b5110e16, 2008-01-23, 02:02PM CST

I have been working at a sonic for three and half years now, although it is not the location you are refering to. I thought I may be able to explain why this happened. Most likely what happen is that the carhop went inside to run the giftcards and the machine wouldn't run them. Sometimes this is because they weren't activated correctly, and if you have a reciept, the problem is usually fixed. Although you mentioned the giftcard were two years old, that could of caused a problem as well, because all the Sonic's were recently updated with a new system, and the cards were outdated.

I do agree that they didn't handle the situation correctly, but no matter where or what you said, the outcome would of most likely been the same at any location with any owner. They cannot except a card that the system will not recongize (similar to a declined credit card). And if the carhop would of accepted it, she would of been forced to pay for your meal with her personal money.

Hope this helps!