Posted on Wednesday, September 8th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by a0268462

Company: SBC Yahoo DSL - Back in July, I had subscribed to Yahoo for their DSL Internet service. They shipped me a modem, which never worked. I had returned the equipment on July 28, due to lack of service. I called and spoke to a representative, who said that the

SBC Yahoo DSL - Back in July, I had subscribed to Yahoo for their DSL Internet service. They shipped me a modem, which never worked. I had returned the equipment on July 28, due to lack of service. I called and spoke to a representative, who said that they were not going to bill me.

SBC Yahoo/DSL

Phone # 1-877-3755, SBC Yahoo DSL

I received my telephone bill last week and found out that they did in fact, bill me for $92 for the service and the modem anyway. I called again last Friday and explained that I was being billed for a service that does not work in my area. The representative told me that I appear to be getting active Internet service.

I explained that I went back to Comcast, my Internet is through cable, and the modem is my own cable modem. I was sure I got it all taken care of. I received a letter from SBC Yahoo DSL today stating that they have made several attempts to call be to make sure that I was getting all of the benefits of my DSL.

They have never tried to contact me, and they insist on charging me for a service that I am not getting. My Internet is active because I have it through Comcast. SBC was suppose to discontinue my DSL account, but they will not discontinue as promised. In other words, they are using the old "let's not and say we did". approach, and they want to keep charging me for a DSL that I am not getting.

Barb W Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: //