Posted on Friday, October 1st, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by dd20c7d9

Company: Hewlett Packard PSC d145, 7110, 7130 - I purchased a HP d145 Printer, Copier, Scanner and Fax in July 2003. While I was away on my last tour (Merchant Marine) the unit failed (Around the 11/12 month mark) I did not return until September and promptly call

Hewlett Packard PSC d145, 7110, 7130 - I purchased a HP d145 Printer, Copier, Scanner and Fax in July 2003. While I was away on my last tour (Merchant Marine) the unit failed (Around the 11/12 month mark) I did not return until September and promptly called to inquire about getting it repaired.

Hewlett Packard PSC d145, 7110, 7130

HPs answer to everything is "No" I was told that production on that unit stopped in 2002 so it was an "Outdated" item not worth their time (It cost me $325.00!) Is it my fault it sat in a store until I purchased in in 2003?

I just think that if I spent so much on the unit and it failed within a year I should be treated better then the horrible customer service department they have. I sent the unit to a repair shop to see if I could get it fixed, only to get a call back from them horrified at how poor the HP service center has become in the past year (They should know as they repair such units all the time!) In fact the repair people told me to invest in anything other then a HP as they seem to last longer and have better support services. Their recommendation was for cheaper yet sturdy Epson units.

Since I can not seem to get a hold of anyone at HP to talk about this matter I am posting this message. Even when I spoke to the supervisor at the call in center he was blunt and seemed to favor the "No" word. I asked if they could send a letter stating that they would not cover the item as I wanted to file for an extended warranty through my credit card and he told me they could not provide such.

Hope you get something out of this complaint and please think twice before purchasing a HP product. (The d145 would be the generation before the PSC 7110, 7130)

Paul S Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: //