Tesco, Clare Hall, Dublin - Hair found in salad from Tesco

Posted on Tuesday, September 28th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by e3586b63

Company: Tesco, Clare Hall, Dublin - Hair found in salad from Tesco

Tesco, Clare Hall, Dublin - Hair found in salad from Tesco

Hair found in salad from Tesco

I found a black curly coarse hair in a fresh salad that I purchased in Tesco, Clare Hall, Dublin (I do have a copy of the initial report form if you need it to be put up for verification!) My problem is not the fact that I nearly put, okay lets call a pube a pube, into my mouth (although even thinking of it makes me gag), it's the treatment that we have received from the company. Basically, they call us up with half information (not knowing we bought it first thing, not knowing it was a curly coarse hair), basically we have been passed from Billy to Jack without any help from them at all. I have emailed their customer service rep and have heard nothing back from him.

We brought the offending item back into the shop, we discussed it with the quietly so not to cause embarrassment or any problems for the shop and for what? You're better off going in screaming like a banshee! I can deal with something in my food (although it will need a good explanation for a pube), but don't fob me off and treat me like I'm nothing. I won't be shopping in Tesco in future, not because of what I found, but because of the treatment that I have received at their hands. The fact of the matter is, we are only one family, they don't care if they lose our custom. But I tell you, I'm not letting it go, I'm getting onto Environmental Health today and I'm going to see what can be done about it.

Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: //