Posted on Thursday, September 23rd, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 2aa05b2c

Company: Cox communications - I had signed up for local phone service for a residence in mesa az

Cox communications

I had signed up for local phone service for a residence in mesa az. I signed up over the internet web site for cox giving all my info including my seattle address,phone number,ss,ect as well as the az. info, the installtion people who hook up the service who came to the az. residence when I was there had me sign a form that the work was done.

When I was back in az. a few months later and I went to use the phone the line was dead I called cox on my cell and told them I had no service. thats when the nightmare began they started to look into the problem it turns out they somehow had all the wrong info in there system thus I never recived a bill at either residence (wrong name ,address,ect) when we corrected that issue the person I talked to said there would be a penilty fee to pay fcc regulations I think it was some where around 200.00 dollars plus 10.00 dollars to reconnect the service, I told him it was there mistake and I would liked the fee waved he said it was not possible to do that I ask to speak to his superviser he said that was not possible either.

I have never missed paying a monthly bill but if I dont get a bill I dont always think about it.The 19.95 dollar a month service I signed up for has turned into hundreds of dollars so far since feb. 2004. do I have any recourse?

mark g Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: //