Posted on Wednesday, September 22nd, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by ee644807

Company: Dell Customer Service - Okay I have now spent close to 12 hours in my busy week being put on hold, transferred, and then disconnected by the people in Dell. This is the situation. I ordered an Axim X30 handheld with accidental coverage. A few months later

Dell Customer Service - Okay I have now spent close to 12 hours in my busy week being put on hold, transferred, and then disconnected by the people in Dell. This is the situation. I ordered an Axim X30 handheld with accidental coverage. A few months later, unfortunately, my machine was damaged.

Dell Customer Service

When I put the claim in for my handheld I soon learned that the sales person put my accidental warranty through as an extended warranty. Imagine that, seems pretty possible to me when the customer care agents all speak English as a second language. Well Dell seemed to disagree for the first three days I tried to resolve this matter. On the fourth night trying to resolve this issue, I finally felt like I was making progress. I spoke to a man named Barret in customer service; he agreed with me and saw where Dell could be at fault.

He also agreed that spending three whole nights trying to resolve this was also ridiculous, and he would replace the machine. We were then connect o Technical Support where we spoke with a man who said his name was John, but I am suspicious knowing that John is not a common name in India, And he also agreed and said if Barret said it was to be replaced then that is what they will do. We were given a reference number (7990118) and then transferred once more.

The next man whom we spoke to who called himself “Jason”, again suspicious knowing that Jason is not a custom name in India, said that there was nothing he could do and that Barret and “John” had lied to us. Keep in mind that this is 4 hours into a Monday night and that I am now missing Monday Night Football. This is the kind of customer service I appreciate after spending $3,000 of my own money with, I think not.

Stan L

Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: //