Avanti Italian Restaurant at the Arboretum - Avanti Italian Restaurant at the Arboretum - The problem was apparently my request. I asked that they mix a small amount of marinara in my alfredo sauce, and the guy who took my order at first said they don't usually do that. He eventually said they would

Posted on Wednesday, September 22nd, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by d73fe102

Company: Avanti Italian Restaurant at the Arboretum

Category: Restaurants, Bars

There was a large group of young guys working there. Of the ones I dealt with, only one was kind, and actually had a pleasant expression on his face at some point during my visit; I overheard one of the others make a comment to him that suggested he was new on the job.......perhaps they should let HIM teach THEM a few pointers about customer service.

There is nothing more aggravating then spending your money in a place where, regardless of how kind YOU are to the employees, the employees make you feel like YOU are stupid or a real inconvenience for them.

The problem was apparently my request. I asked that they mix a small amount of marinara in my alfredo sauce, and the guy who took my order at first said they don't usually do that. He eventually said they would do it, but I really picked up on his facial expressions and body language as he rang up my order and walked off -- his irritation with my request was obvious. Did I see him roll his eyes as he walked away?

This, I would I have let slide, but I was soon to learn that he was not the only rude person behind the counter, as another young male employee walked out with my order in hand and literally threw it with a harsh jerk of his arm onto the counter and walked off as if to say," see how irritated we are with your special request; maybe I can't say it, but I'll express it other ways"--no mistaking his attitude!

There was no calling of my name, or a "ma'am your order is ready," or a "thank you." Considering my only crime was very kindly asking them to plop a spoonful of marinara in the Alfredo sauce, I find their behavior completely uncalled for, and highly irritating.

My meal did cost me $12; for that price, I expect not only good food, but a faint smile and a "thank you" at the very least. By the way, the food, while not terrible,was not as good as Anzi's at Stonecrest, where they will gladly threw a little marinara in my cream/cheese sauce upon request for a similar price, and did it with the absence of an attitude.