2-10 Home Buyers Warranty of Virginia - 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty of Virginia - Here is the text of the letter I sent to the company. I am awaiting a reposne, but based on my experience with that, I don't expect any response at all

Posted on Sunday, September 19th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 6ca86d2a

Company: 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty of Virginia

Category: Home, Garden

Here is the text of the letter I sent to the company. I am awaiting a response, but based on my experience with that, I don't expect any response at all. I write this on Saturday. The problem occurred around midnight Friday night, and we contacted the company first thing Saturday morning. End result, after five phone calls, we are headed to Home Depot to buy and install our own water heater. I see other complaints on the web similar in nature to ours.

I highly recommend you do not use this company. My thought is the $315/year coverage cost they take in is paid as Christmas bonuses to their "customer service" reps based on their successful denial of coverage rates.

Because the house we bought was fifteen years old, with some still original appliances, we were almost afraid NOT to get coverage. This company was the original warranty company provided when we bought our home. A great advantage for sellers and the warranty company, but the consumer purchasing the warranty gets zero.

I have a leaking hot water heater that is getting worse by the minute and the "customer service" rep at your company says, "sorry nothing we can do until Monday"? I have read the testimonials about 2-10 home warranty - you are now proving them true. I will not renew this again after three years of paying, and nothing in return. I have never asked for help in the past from you, and now you have failed the first time. Your warranty states that in emergency situations, contractors will be called in immediately. What happened to the IMMEDIATELY part?

I will report this to the Better Business Bureau, the local TV stations and will advise everyone I know or ever meet NOT to use this company. Sure, I can call my own contractor, pay them up front, have them hassled on the phone by your "customer service" representative, only to be told later that you don't cover the cost. I have also called around to several contractors who advised us they will simply not do business with your company. Enjoy the free $1000 you got from us.

R.K. B