Posted on Sunday, September 12th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by ede079e4

Company: SBC - Ameritech / Telephone Company in Chicago, IL - This is a fraudulent debt claimed by a large telephone company now SBC formerly Ameritech.

SBC - Ameritech / Telephone Company in Chicago, IL

This is a fraudulent debt claimed by a large telephone company now SBC formerly Ameritech. This company has had previous lawsuits and complaints in the past from customer for the same reason. Slamming and false charges among those complaints. This is no different. I was at the time of 9/2000 moving back into my parents home after I had been living with a roommate for 6 months.

I called the phone company to switch my old phone line to the basement, which they proceeded to inform me that they would go check revise the basement to see if there was a phone jack installed and if not they would make a service call to install the phone jack in order for my phone to be functioning. I was 19 yrs old at the time working at a local hospital for $8.25 an hour.

Needless to say they never went and installed the jack. I called them to remind them, they said a technician would be out to check later that week. They never came. I called to cancel the service, they said it was taken care of. A month later I received a bill with monthly services for the previous apartment line which I paid and also I had bought a phone from the company which ceased to function when I unplugged it from the old apartment. I called the service line, which I was placed on line for an hour and did not contact anyone further for the new phone equipment which did not work. The total purchase price of that phone was $153.96 that was to be paid in installments throughout the service year.

Two months later and several phone calls afterward I was being billed monthly service packages like interest on the phone, service charges for changing service on Jan 4,2000, deferred payment interest, federal and state taxes, municipal taxes, structural maintenance fee, state maintenance fees, local government, 911 fees, caller ID, call pack 100, federal access charge, a bill increase that was prorated, a no pic federal charge, etc. ALL FRAUDULENT FEES because there was never a JACK or a PHONE connected to a line that was NEVER USED in a basement where there are NONE. Somehow these fees added up to over $1000. Which when I was sent to the first collection agency I was told pay $300 and you will not have to worry about anything else.

Because I know I owed them min of $150 for the phone company's non existing, non working phone that no one had fixed I paid the $300. ONCE again, the problem NEVER went away, NEVER was taken care of. The corporate greed of this company is OUTRAGEOUS. I now work a local hospital in Florida, live in a government sponsored facility for low income, have a 16 month child, had to be on welfare during my pregnancy because I was employed only 2 days a week.

I have not been able to buy a car or anything with credit because my credit has been mostly damaged by this monster problem. I cannot believe I am STILL being hounded by these collection companies for the same corporate giant SBC-AMERITECH! I have paid ALL of my bills even when unemployed late, or in payment arrangements including a $3000 medical bill. All items of services that HAVE been provided I take full responsibility and have or am paying off.

Items of services that HAVE NOT been provided I refuse to pay because as a law abiding consumer and citizen I have the RIGHT to dispute. Today I have received a court order from the new creditor for SBC in Florida. I am appalled and will be taking this to court with my lawyer. Honest hard working citizens should not be bullied by corporate money hungry giants. Sincerely,

Tonalti Ramirez-P

Taty and C

Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: //