Posted on Thursday, September 2nd, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by e45116af

Company: general electric refrigerator service - We were required to replace the Culliagn water filter with a GE Smart Filter on our GE refrigerator....although the directions said to remove the adaptor from the cartridge, there was no adaptor on each cartridge, h

general electric refrigerator service - We were required to replace the Culliagn water filter with a GE Smart Filter on our GE refrigerator....although the directions said to remove the adaptor from the cartridge, there was no adaptor on each cartridge, however, one was included.

general electric refrigerator service

GE Consumer home services

The adaptor was installed and then the cartridge. From that point we have had water, but no ice. We were told that it was probably coincidental. Several calls to address the issue resulted in no satisfactory results and service was scheduled...A four hour window was given for arrival of the technician.

The day of service, having taken the morning off to await the technician, there was a message left around 10:30 stating that three calls had been made, and as there was no answer so the appointment was canceled. Following-up with the Scheduling center, I was told that all appointments had to be first contacted by phone...or the technician would not go to the house. NO ONE HAD mentioned this, or perhaps we would have carried a phone around in out hand all morning as we do not have telephones outside or in our garage.

No consideration could be given for GE's error in not telling us this. No appointment was available until the following week. Another 4 hour window, 8-12. I called in the morning to confirm the appointment... and shortly after 10 am received a call the at the technician had "called in sick" they would have to reschedule. How many four hour blocks of time am I supposed to take off to wait?

an appointment was made for the following Thursday, but a service technician called and showed up, unscheduled, on the following day, while a friend was in the house, and assessed the problem. He replaced the water tube, a $3.25 part ($8.50 retail) and we were charged $188.45, ($59.95 house call plus $125 labor). I feel victimized.

There will never be a GE appliance in this home again, not because of the appliance, but because of the service and charges.

mimi Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: //

c9e99414, 2008-02-02, 05:38PM CST

I have a GE refrigerator, model # GSH25SGPC SS, it is about 2 years old and I have had no problems until the last three months. The water supply in the door stopped working. Someone told me to take a hair dryer and heat the plastic tubing behind the crisper (not too hot so as to melt the tubing). I did this and also blew warm air around the back of the freezer door where the water is dispensed. Nothing happened until about 15 minutes later when it started working. It worked for a few days and stopped again. I have tried turning the air off that flows to the crisper area, tried turning the temperature up in both the refrigerator and freezer to no avail. I then heated all the same areas again and within an hour it stared dispensing water again. The third time I just went in and pushed and pulled on the tubing and about 20 minutes later it started working again. This time it worked for about four days. I have even tried moving food around in both sides with no results. I have household appliance insurance American Home Shield and they said that the water supply is not covered. I am extremely disgusted and unless something changes, this will be my last GE appliance!

c9e99414, 2008-02-02, 05:50PM CST

I purchased a GE refrigerator, model # GSH25SGPC SS, it is about 2 years old and I have had no problems until the last three months. The water supply in the door stopped working. Someone told me to take a hair dryer and heat the plastic tubing behind the crisper (not too hot so as to melt the tubing). I did this and also blew warm air around the back of the freezer door where the water is dispensed. Nothing happened until about 15 minutes later when it started working. It worked for a few days and stopped again. I have tried turning the air off that flows to the crisper area, tried turning the temperature up in both the refrigerator and freezer to no avail. I then heated all the same areas again and within an hour it stared dispensing water again. The third time I just went in and pushed and pulled on the tubing and about 20 minutes later it started working again. This time it worked for about four days. I have even tried moving food around in both sides with no results. I have household appliance insurance American Home Shield and they said that the water supply is not covered. I am extremely disgusted and unless something changes, this will be my last GE appliance! I have spoken with others who have the same problem and they have been told by GE to replace the freezer door at a cost of $500.00. Other wise they turn their back to the problem.