Posted on Tuesday, October 5th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 0dd726f1

Company: Midwest Resorts., Edina, MN - My husband and I received a call from Midwest Resorts. We were told that they had gotten our information from a card we filled out at Rosedale for a contest to win a boat.

Midwest Resorts / service

Midwest Resorts

6600 France Ave

Edina, MN My husband and I received a call from Midwest Resorts. We were told that they had gotten our information from a card we filled out at Rosedale for a contest to win a boat. She told us that we did not win the boat but that she had been trying to reach us because we won 4 free airline tickets. I asked her what the catch was and she of course said there was none but we did have to attend a time-share presentation.

She also said that as an extra bonus for attending we would get two $25 gift certificates (which we did get). After attending the presentation we received our gift certificates and our ticket package. This was no prize at all because we had to stay in their hotel for a required number of nights depending on your destination and in order to use all 4 tickets we would have to book two rooms each for the required number of nights and each room was an average of $140/nt for about 7 nights. I really feel they were purposefully dishonest with us.

Everyone who was there at the desk receiving these tickets had the same complaint that they were misled into believing that the tickets were free and a result of winning a contest. The only thing they told us was to call customer service and we could possibly rent a suite instead of two rooms. I reported this to the Better Business Bureau. Patty A

Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: //