Walmart Connect Internet Service - Walmart Connect Internet Service - I had been using Walmart connect software for my dial-up internet service for almost two years. In that time it worked well. However, when I did a Windows update by installing Mircrosoft's SP2 update I began getting what

Posted on Tuesday, October 5th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 648f4078

Company: Walmart Connect Internet Service

Category: Internet Services

Walmart indicated they were working on the problem, but two weeks later they had still not corrected the problem. Internet searches confirmed to me that others who had upgraded to SP2 were having the same problem I was having.

As a result I installed a competitive dial-up service and found that it had no problems getting it to work correctly.

Therefore, I decided to keep the newer service and cancel Walmart connect. My complaint involves Walmart's handling of my cancelation request. I had to repeat over and over to the Walmart representative that I wanted to cancel the service, that I did not want to be referred to technical support, etc. The woman was rude, dominating, and unfriendly.

My advice is avoid Walmart connect completely. There are other companies that provide equal or better service for the same price.

Pocatello, Idaho

Gerald

66a8bee8, 2008-04-03, 02:33AM CDT

the reason you had an issue with walmart connect cancelation is because it was a version of AOL. AOL HATES to lose customers...& will pass you around 25 ways to Sunday before they ever let you cancel. Money is money...& they had your credit card number & could keep charging you .... thats why they make it so hard to cancel, they want you to give up...& forget about canceling ..if there is a remote possibility of someone fixing your problem or keeping you "in the loop" for a while..

6bde2b79, 2008-05-13, 10:26PM CDT

I had wmconnect for a couple of years too and then it switched to aol.com. Well when we tried to switch to another carrier my husband told wmconnect that we wanted to cancel our account with them. They said okay. We assumed (you know the saying) that they cancelled our account. Well they must have because I can't get into our account anylonger but I am still being billed for the service and not only have they been doing that but we were told that the $9.95 would stay the same and it's up to like $14.95 now. What can I do to rectify this situation? any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Miki

b958e715, 2008-07-27, 08:20PM CDT

how can i get a wal mart phone numeber to cancel my services. i no lomger use it

01ebac20, 2008-09-10, 03:28PM CDT

I am trying to cancel my wal mart connect and no longer have the computer with the program. I can't find any number to get in touch with them.

67d3c99d, 2009-06-29, 09:54AM CDT

I had Walmart connect a few years ago and I had the same problem when I went to cancel. They were rude and did not want to cancel the service for me. I do not recommend them to anyone.

manny k., 2014-01-30, 10:09PM CST

The best way, and only way to combat companies that will not credit or cancel by request your membership, or an type of merchandise purchase, is to call the credit card dispute department and explain your case . The credit card will freeze payment until issue is resolved even if you made payment it will go back to your account if it is decided in your favor . Most of the time it is. By in large credit card companies are great about this.

Good luck to you all.

manny k., 2014-03-03, 08:39PM CST

As a general rule for all of you out here who pay by credit card, you have a way out.

Call the credit card and ask for "DISPUTE" form . While the dispute is on you will not pay a penny regarding the account you are disputing about.99% of the time you will be awarded credit back while your account will not be charged wile in dispute mode.