Posted on Tuesday, October 26th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 40d65de9

Company: North Jersey Home Pros & Con - The contract stipulated a completion date of June 21, 2003; however as of today - Oct 25, 2004 - they have not begun work. Nor will they - they are about to file for bankruptcy. Jeff Formica has taken our entire savings and

North Jersey Home Pros & Con - The contract stipulated a completion date of June 21, 2003; however as of today - Oct 25, 2004 - they have not begun work. Nor will they - they are about to file for bankruptcy. Jeff Formica has taken our entire savings and literally gone on vacation rather than live up to his obligations.

North Jersey Home Pros & Con man Jeff Formica

In June 2003, we contracted with Jeff Formica at North Jersey Home Pros to add a dormer to our small house so that our kids could have bedrooms. The contract stipulated a completion date of June 21, 2003; however as of today - Oct 25, 2004 - they have not begun work. Nor will they - they are about to file for bankruptcy. Jeff Formica has taken our entire savings and literally gone on vacation rather than live up to his obligations.

We have also pursued this matter with various state, county, and municipal agencies (BBB, Chamber of Commerce, consumer affairs, Rockaway Twp PD, Montclair PD, Morris and Essex County courts) none of whom have been able to help us. None of the network news stations will help either. I guess they hear enough about con-artist contractors.

We've given this man every chance to fulfill his end of the contract. He knows what he's done to us...taking our entire savings. I told him, "Jeff, my 7yr old girl, 5 yr old boy, and 2 yr old girl share a tiny bedroom and you took our entire savings to give them rooms. I cry. I pray. Don't you have a conscience?" He said, "I do, I do have a conscience..." then told me another date he'd be over to start work. It was another lie, of course. I'm still praying, I'm still crying, my children have so little privacy, so very little space.

This man has disconnected his personal and business phones and gotten new numbers twice since we've been dealing with him. They're cell phones of course (untraceable).

The only thing we can do is advise everyone not to let this man con you too! Also, other people who have been scammed by Jeff & Stephanie Formica and North Jersey Home Pros please get in contact with us to set up a Fraud investigation through our counties.

We will be reporting Jeff Formica, Stefanie Formica, and North Jersey Home Pros to the FBI so they can conduct an investigation to see if they've done this in other states(and also to see if this man is affiliated with organized crime).

If you've been a victim as well, please get in contact with us so we can get criminal charges pinned on where they belong. At the very least, call the U.S. Trustees in your county and Essex county regularly to see if he's filed for bankruptcy. If it goes through, you'll never get your money or your home fixed. We can keep it from going through by letting the court know that this business has been run with the intention to go bankrupt for the past 2 years at least, as well as defrauding many, many people.

Ed D

Ed D

Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_69078# Consumer

c4199283, 2007-11-08, 03:44PM CST

Jeff Formica is currently working for a company called Sky High Roofing in West palm beach Florida. The web site is skyhighroof.com and his e-mail is in the space marked team. He is trying to get an insurance company to put a roof on my friends house. He currently lives in wellington, Fl.

20e7037d, 2008-01-10, 12:54PM CST

I had posted my complaint against Jeff Formica on complaints.com way back in 2004... He was livid and threatened to sue me for messing with his "business" if I didn't rescind the posting. I told him I'd be happy to when he lived up to our contract. Nothing happened. However, several people responded to my posting and some were saved from him. I also contacted Consumer Affairs and alerted them.

It is now January 2008. The State of New Jersey Consumer Affairs had the State Attorney General file charges in Essex County, NJ court against Jeff Formica and North Jersey Home Pros on my behalf as well as that of several other people who had been conned by him. They won the judgement against him in 2007 and we were to get checks every six months for various amounts. Checks were forthcoming in August, 2007. A second check will be due in February, 2008, but I've just spoken with the Attorney General's office who told me that Jeff has been in default of his payments for 3 or 4 months now. Jeff apparently thinks he can scam the New Jersey courts as well. I had been told that Jeff had left New Jersey and was living in Florida, working to pay off the judgement. His parents put up their home as collateral but I don't understand how he could be allowed to leave this state's jurisdiction while he still had an obligation to the courts. It is interesting that you mention ties to organized crime. I've wondered about that myself. This whole thing has put me in financial and emotional chaos. People such as he prey on the poor and elderly (both of which I am as well as disabled). He's an abomination and I would think those responsible for collection from him would get tough and try to work in conjunction with Florida courts to force payment. One thing we don't want is him being put in jail. Someone I know was scammed by guys who sold RVs. She had to sell hers and they kept telling her it hadn't sold when, in fact, someone had bought it almost immediately. They are now in jail in Florida and she gets $7 a month from them. Not true justice there.

I was told by people who had worked for Jeff that he was buying properties in South Jersey with the deposit monies he had acquired but subsequent research found nothing in HIS name... I think it's time for the parents to forfeit their house in payment and then they can exact their own retribution. Also, if he still has a wife, any property she has should be forfeited as well.

2032b028, 2008-03-28, 08:40AM CDT

What name would he be working under in the state of Florida?

2b1d1f5e, 2008-07-14, 12:36PM CDT

Jeff Formica is no longer employed at SKYHIGH Roofing in West Palm Beach FL

d13f2132, 2008-07-15, 02:16PM CDT

Jeff & Stephanie Formica are renting a home in Wellington, Florida from Michael and Kelly Good at

1526 South Club Drive

Wellington, FL. 33410

561-329-2446

561-267-8004

Jeff is now working for a company called Tornado Roofing in Pompano Beach Florida.

*This information is in Florida public records*

I hope this helps- I don't like people taking advantage of others like this... This is WRONG!!!

GOOD LUCK!

2b1d1f5e, 2008-08-04, 08:53AM CDT

Jeff Formica is currently working for a company called Lifetime Roofs LLC located in Palm City Florida