Posted on Tuesday, October 19th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by fb4e67d2

Company: Budget Car Rental - I am experiencing a situation with my bill that is making me very upset. On October 9, I flew into Indianapolis Airport and rented a car from the Budget counter there.

Attached is a letter sent to Budget Car Rental regarding my situation

To Whom it may Concern,

I am experiencing a situation with my bill that is making me very upset. On October 9, I flew into Indianapolis Airport and rented a car from the Budget counter there. I had a reservation for a compact car at 31 per day. When I got to the airport there were no compacts left so I was given a Grand Marquis.

I was charged the compact rate and Knew that if I kept the car longer the rate was 54. I asked the counter person if I could drop the car off at a closer Budget office since I would not be up that way again. I was told I could drop the car off at Louisville of Cincinatti. Since I was driving back with family past cincinatti, I opted to drop the car off there on Oct 12 at 8 am. I was never informed that there would be a charge for that, aparrently called a "drop fee".

When i called about my bill, I was told because the Grand Marquis are owned by budget, They were supposed to be brought back to the original location. Had I been told this or if it were stated in writing on my rental agreement, I would have had gone out of my way to return the car, even if it meant going out of my way to advoid being ripped off and being billed $916 for my car for a 3 day rental. This is absurd.

I am well aware that I am being charged gas and mileage, but the "drop" fee as it is referred to is a hidden charge that was never stated on my agreement I signed. I will pursue this further in small claims court if I cant get satisfaction. Your billing procedures leave a new meaning to the word "Budget".

Craig R

Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_68671# Consumer