Posted on Tuesday, October 19th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by c64a3ff4

Company: Diehard automotive Battery - It has been two years since i bought my Sear's Diehard battery from GOD know's which store. It was a 1000 cca, gold version which I graciously paid about $90.00 to purchase under the impression from the sales rep that I had a

Diehard automotive Battery - It has been two years since i bought my Sear's Diehard battery from GOD know's which store. It was a 1000 cca, gold version which I graciously paid about $90.00 to purchase under the impression from the sales rep that I had a life long battery for my truck. Unaware that I needed the reciept to get the benefits of my Diehard battery.

Diehard automotive Battery

The fact remains to me that you cant buy a Diehard from anyone but Sears but when I attempted to return the battery because of problems. They (Sears Automotive Department), first attempted to charge the battery but, It wouldn't hold a charge so I carried my dead Diehard back home with me. Over the course of two years I have lose a child, my Grandmother, two Aunts, and an Uncle. So I know I shold be excused for losing a crummy receipt and still recieve the Sears Product consumer greet, guarantee and service.

So after $90.00 and a decade of dedicated consumership to Sears I now have lost my job and have to explain to my five children that daddy can't pay the bills because I lost my receipt for my vehicle's battery and couldn't afford to buy another. Once upon a time Craftsman and Diehard were trusted names that the average joe could depend on but now they represent the bandwagon of capitalist who take our hard earned dollars and run away from their promise to the consumer.

Tzaddi M Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_68650# Consumer

caab527e, 2007-10-19, 03:41PM CDT

prozac.... try it ...

e5511497, 2007-11-02, 02:02PM CDT

That's ridiculous. Blaming Sears, in some round about way, for your hardships and laziness is deplorable. Take some responsibility for yourself and stop making excuses. If you couldn't afford 5 children, then you shouldn't have had 5 children. While the deaths in your family are out of your control, there are many things that are in your control. Capitalism is not at fault here. Sears bears no responsibility, and nor should they, for your lost receipt, dead family members, lost job, five children, etc. That's laughable. Your "consumership" gets you a product, not a lifelong guardian or a company somehow beholden to you. Read some Ayn Rand and get your act together...

Regards.

12a4b943, 2007-11-02, 02:05PM CDT

That's ridiculous. Blaming Sears, in some round about way, for your hardships and laziness is pathetic. Take some responsibility for yourself and stop making excuses. If you couldn't afford 5 children, then you shouldn't have had 5 children. While the deaths in your family are out of your control, there are many things that remain in your control. Capitalism is not at fault here. Sears bears no responsibility, and nor should they, for your lost receipt, dead family members, lost job, five children, etc. That's laughable. Your "consumership" gets you a product, not a lifelong guardian or a company somehow beholden to you. Read some Ayn Rand and get your act together...

a260651a, 2007-12-25, 04:55PM CST

Sears Should have Just replaced the battery. It was a diehard and it should of had a purchase date on it.

2fab13e5, 2008-03-20, 10:40PM CDT

I RAN INTO THE SAME PROBLEM, I PURCHASED MY DIEHARD GOLD 1/2006. 3/2008 I TOOK IT IN & IT TESTED OK. I TOOK IT TO HONDA, BECAUSE MY CAR WOULDN'T START AGAIN. HONDA SAID IT WAS THE BATTERY, MY STARTER & ALTENATOR TEST RAN GOOD. THE BATTERY TEST RAN BAD (REPLACE BATTERY). SEARS WOULD NOT REPLACE MY BATTERY. THE WARRANTY IS GOOD FOR 3 YEARS. THEY SAID BECAUSE THEIR TEST RAN GOOD! THEY WOULD NOT REPLACE THE BATTERY! THEY ARE A RIPOFF!!! NOT GOING BACK TO SEARS FOR ANY AUTOMOTIVE STUFF!!

61569f81, 2008-09-09, 10:05PM CDT

My DieHard also died after two years. Sears would not accept return without receipt. POS BATTERY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE.

30b68321, 2009-01-29, 01:15AM CST

I'm having the same issue with Sears My Die Hard Gold Battery that I purchased less than a year ago is toast and Sears will not replace the Battery. Die Hard use to be a name you could trust. I'm going back to Interstate Batteries.

814a1a85, 2009-07-27, 07:32AM CDT

ur yust a morron . after two years the battery gave on you and you still crying like a baby about it.you already sound careless about losing your receipt. so definitly the battery has been used while the car was on since in your mind you thought it would last forever u stupid sick dude.

539fbd5c, 2009-12-15, 12:52AM CST

In July 2005 I bought the cheapest Die Hard battery called the Weather Handler. Its still in my truck used daily.

I'm buying a DieHard Gold when it dies and thanking capitalism for it too:) Stop teaching your kids to make excuses.

10ade85a, 2009-12-24, 03:09PM CST

Who Cares about things that dont involve the battery... i hope to hell you die.. what kind of moron thinks you can return any car part without bill of sale.. the best you could hoppe for is instore credit... but from the sound of your TxT additude there isnt a customer service rep in this world that would want to help ya

93461656, 2010-01-03, 07:17AM CST

I also have the same problem. The battery is less than 3 years old. It was my understanding that it was supposed to last. The name--diehard--implies that it should.

Sear's should have a history of all merchandise that they sell, what is the point of them keeping a copy of the receipt if not for their own records?

I am going down to my own Sear's today to see what I can get sorted out.