Posted on Thursday, October 14th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by cc740ae4

Company: Green Tree Servicing / Mortgage Company - I financed my mobile home through Green Tree's Georgia offices about 8 years ago. A few years later, I was sent a letter from Green Tree stating that my account was now being handled by Conseco. Then, more recentl

Green Tree Servicing / Mortgage Company - I financed my mobile home through Green Tree's Georgia offices about 8 years ago. A few years later, I was sent a letter from Green Tree stating that my account was now being handled by Conseco. Then, more recently, I received a letter from Conseco that my account was being handled by Green Tree again.

Green Tree Servicing / Mortgage Company

I financed my mobile home through Green Tree's Georgia offices about 8 years ago. A few years later, I was sent a letter from Green Tree stating that my account was now being handled by Conseco. Then, more recently, I received a letter from Conseco that my account was being handled by Green Tree again. I have had the same insurance policy from American Modern Home since the date I purchased the mobile home. Green Tree was sent verification of insurance at the time of purchase and apparently received it, as this situation has not come up before now during the last 8 years. The policy has never lapsed. On October 4, 2004, I received a letter from Green Tree Servicing LLC indicating "It has come to our attention that we have not received evidence that you have purchased insurance as required by your loan agreement... If we do not receive proof of acceptable insurance within 20 days of the date of this letter, we may excercise our contractual right to obtain insurance coverage on the property to protect our interest until such time as evidence of acceptable coverage is received from you. You will be responsible for the cost of the insurance purchased by us and any other finance charges that may be assessed." Now bear in mind that I received the letter 27 days AFTER the date of the letter. On October 8, I contacted American Modern Home and requested a copy of my policy be faxed to Green Tree Servicing LLC. However, Green Tree's letter went on to say that "If you provide us with evidence that you have obtained the required insurance, we will then cancel the insurance that we have purchased, but you will be obligated to pay us any cost we have incurred for obtaining the coverage. Please note that you are responsible for these costs even if you actually have required insurance but do not provide us with timely evidence that it is in effect." I hardly see how I should be responsible because someone in THEIR offices lost my insurance policy, which they received almost 9 years ago and which has never lapsed, nor because their letter didn't arrive for more than 27 days after it was supposedly mailed. If they wanted to set a legal dealine on this matter, they should certainly have sent the letter certified mail. Suppose I had not received it at all? I feel the whole thing is a scheme to allow Green Tree to sell insurance to me against my will. For example, I know that Green Tree has their own insurance company, because I spoke with them recently about the possibly of refinancing my mobile home with them and the party I spoke to tried to sell me one of their policies. I am now waiting to see what they intend to do next. Meantime, I have reported the incident to the Federal Trade Commission. Joe

Dalzell, South Carolina

U.S.A. Joe E. M, Jr. Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_68808# Consumer

591015db, 2007-10-29, 04:22PM CDT

Our mobile home was first financed through BankAmerica, then about 3 years went by and it was taken over by Green Point, then about 2 years ago, Green Tree has taken over. Of course, your insurance will lapse with them when they switch it over so many times. This happened to us and we ended up going to court over this, because it was sent to collections. We didn't have to pay the insurance costs. But, now they have been relentless about getting payments. Granted, we have fell behind due to my illness last year. Our contract states that it does not inccur late charges until it is 15 days late. Well, they add them on after the first day and then they call up to three times a day. One question I have though is, we were never sent anything stating that any of these companies were taking over the others, just that here's who you send your payments to. Aren't they supposed to let you know when they sell out to others?

51014c9c, 2008-07-28, 08:25PM CDT

The exact same thing happened to me a few days ago and this is the second time that Green Tree has charged me for insurance when my insurance had not lapsed. I believe that this is a scam to get more money out of good paying customers. They need to be sued....and quickly. I, too, will write the Federal Trade Commission regarding this ncident and the Better Business Bureau.

3bdf717c, 2008-09-07, 09:31PM CDT

The same thing has happened to me. See my "Green Tree" story at;

http;//groups.yahoo.com/group/victimsofgreentree

b6f93a84, 2008-09-20, 01:36PM CDT

b6f93a84, 2008-09-20, 01:40PM CDT

b6f93a84, 2008-09-20, 01:58PM CDT

a25868c1, 2008-10-15, 09:40PM CDT

Many times the insurance company fails to send out renewal notices to lien holders. When this happens GT has a right and obligation to cover the home with forced placed insurance. When/if proof of insurance is received GT cancels their forced placed policy effective the date of coverage on the new policy/renewal.

c8c4ef11, 2009-10-30, 08:32PM CDT

My loan agreement from 12/2001 is with CIT. Years later I received a letter stating Green Tree Servicing would be servicing the loan. My agreement states "No change in this agreement will be binding it is isn't in writing and signed by you and me (meaning me and CIT)." So to this date Green Tree stands in violation of my loan, because they failed to abide by the terms of the loan.

The agreement also allows me to make full or partial prepayments without penalty, which I did. Less than eight years later, I am ready to pay off the loan. However, I noticed that out of every extra principal payment, Green Tree took out an extra life/death payment on a policy I picked up 8/1/2005. When I asked about the over payments of insurance, I was told by Jennifer, Green Tree Customer Service, that the insurance company, Assurant, would rebate the money to me. I wanted to know why they would even take double payments in the same month. Jennifer stated well the policy calls for a premium to be deducted from every payment. I said no, "the policy calls for a monthly premium to be collected on or before the due date." I called Assurant to ask about my rebate and Rudy told me that there were no extra payments made. I said how can that be, I have statements showing the deductions and I am prepaid on my loan through the end of January 2010. So at minimum, there should be four extra payments. Rudy said no the payment schedule shows some monthly payments and at other times it shows that the premium was not paid and then Green Tree played catch up on the payments. I asked for a copy of the payment schedule; Rudy said he could not because Green Tree was the policy holder. Really, the loan agreement states "no ownership interest in this contract or security interest in the commodity may be created other than through possession of the original, and if applicable, a mortgage or deed of trust." So let's see I am paying for insurance, but no one has to show me the payments. Green Tree can not give an explanation as to what happened to the money they deducted but did not apply. Sounds like insurance fraud to me. They sold the policy and at the time I named my husband as the beneficiary. He is not mentioned on the policy, and Assurant represented that he is in their computer system as a 10% beneficiary with the remainder going to Green Tree Servicing. Assurant stated Green Tree Servicing can request the payment schedule and forward it to me. Amber and Christy Anderson flatly refuse to request the payment schedule from Assurant and send it to me. I guess they are running scared from insurance fraud.

Either way, I requested that Green Tree go back and post the extra insurance premiums to the principal on the days they received them and recalculated the interest on the note forward beginning on August 1, 2005. This request was made 10/15/2009 for which I had a payoff of $28,220 good until 10/25/2009 and a monthly statement reflecting a payment due of $21.34. I also requested that the new calculations be sent to my attention. On August 26, 2009, I did not hear or receive anything, so I called again. The recording stated I owed $450 and that the loan payoff was $28,130. Well these amounts are totally incredulous. How could I owe $450 when the note states the payment can't be greater than $413 and the payoff only drop by $90. So I called again. Christy claims that my note was reallocated as I requested. I told her I did not request it be reallocated, I asked that it be recalculated going back to 8/1/2005. It is impossible for the amount due to go up when they had misapplied principal payments. To mitigate my damages, I short paid the loan and will argue the difference once Green Tree supplies the proper accounting, because at this point Green Tree has not supplied me with the proper pay off amount supported by a declining balance. Customer Service representatives just try to frustrate their customers in order to keep the interest clock clicking. In fact, when I asked Christy Anderson for the corporate address and phone number, she claimed she was it - that the call would just come back to her (I bet Keith Anderson would be surprised to hear Christy is the new CEO - you cannot blatantly lie about your position or the Corporate address, especially when legal action for service processing is a possibility). I probably should not have said anything, because then I could win by default. Ha! Ha! I finally got Keith Anderson, CEO, name out of her (wonder if they are related), however, she may have provided a fraudulent address for him of 1400 Turbine Dr, Rapid City, SD 57703. I googled Green Tree Servicing and found a different Corporate phone and address than Customer Service provided. I called and asked for Keith Anderson and was told he was not in. I tried to verify that Keith's address is 345 Saint Peter Street, St. Paul, MN 55102, Phone (651) 293-3400, Fax (611) 293-3622 and the lady who answered the phone said, "I don't know." Unbelievable! She then transferred me to customer service. I hung up and called back. This time she transferred me to the legal department where I left a message. Hopefully some one in that department has a functioning brain and will call me back.

Finally, today (10/30/2009) I received what looks like an Excel spreadsheet with no declining balance. So I called again and requested Devon send me the payments with a declining balance. She too wanted to argue over my request of reallocation. Well guess what my loan agreement does not call for reallocation, which according to the terms would have to be in writing. But the loan does allow for full or partial prepayments. And I reiterated that I requested a recalculation and I don't care what they put in their computer, because it is all lies.

Then I called CIT and guess what they are no longer in business. So to me it looks like Green Tree does not act in good faith, does not do proper accounting of payments, violates the terms of the note, fails to properly disclose, engages in what appears to be insurance fraud and has probably the worst customer service department I have every encounter. Yes, I would have to agree, customer service is filled with nothing but incompetent people, who just attempt to frustrate the customer's effort in the most deceptive manner that I have ever run across. However, this is one customer that is not going to back down.

Nor are these the only problems I have had with this company. When I would not buy their homeowners insurance (exact same policy I had only more expensive), each year they try to take out a policy on me even though I have one. So last year I started months in advance to have the policy endorsement sent. My homeowner insurance company verified that they mailed the policy three times. Each time Green Tree claimed they did not get it and last year took out a policy for me. I fought it vigorously and they finally reversed the amount. I would not call these actions a mistake. I called them at minimum an attempt to harass and annoy their customers, but it is more akin to deceptive trade.

If I had not decided to pay off my loan early, I would never had been the wiser that they were ripping off my insurance payments. Green Tree can drag their feet all they want in correcting this problem, because as far as I am concerned the interest clock stopped clicking on October 15, 2009, and this matter will not be settled until I receive a full accounting with a declining balance so that they do not get more than one penny due on the note. So Green Tree consider yourself on notice.

Loan 36003333

Any attorney considering a class action can reach me at [email protected] I look forward to hearing from you.

ede09302, 2010-07-08, 04:51PM CDT

green tree is threatening and very misleading. they have lied to me numerous times and keep on harrassing me up to 3 to 4 times a day on my job after they have been told not to call me on my job,