Posted on Sunday, November 7th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by ab23f1b9

Company: Harvey Norman, Southland Shopping Centre, Kalgoorlie - Unsatisafactory service in Kalgoorlie store

Unsatisafactory service in Kalgoorlie store

Harvey Norman, Southland Shopping Centre, Kalgoorlie

On the 1/9/04 I purchased a Canon Digital Video Camcorder, MV 700i. I were told by the sales rep that we would also recieve a bag, blank tapes, gift voucher and a free extra battery. As I felt this was an excellent offer I paid for the item that day and collected the bag, tapes & voucher and were given a receipt to pick up the battery when it arrived in the store.

After a few weeks I rang to find out when I could pick up my battery, after leave many messages I finally spoke to the rep and was told that deal was no longer valid even though I have a receipt to prove I'm entitled to the battery. The rep was very unhelpful and didn't want to try to assist me in any way, he basically told me it was my bad luck.

I have stressed over this for many weeks and am now hoping to find some satisfaction from a more superior member of your team. I have the receipt if you need to see it I can email it to you. Hoping to hear from you soon.

Yours Sincerly

K. Cole.

Heather C Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_69758# Consumer

48fc3741, 2008-02-26, 11:36PM CST

This is absolutely disgraceful and typical of Harvey Norman in Kalgoorlie. I have had many bad dealings with this mob and will never shop there again. I was once aksed to kindly leave the shop by the franchisee becuase I wanted to cancel a friend's layby because he had passed away. That made me sick.

The kind folks down the road at Retravision always give me a better price AND they have the stuff IN STOCK!!

cbdcf134, 2008-02-26, 11:48PM CST

yes.... sounds very harvey norman-esque. ]

i live in kalgoorlie too. mayby we could catch up over a beer and trash talk harvey normans together.

i have heard rumours that kalgoorlie harvey norman is closing down soon so that means any products bought from there will not be covered under warranty

whats kalgoolie coming too?!?