THE SHOP AT HOME NETWORK - DELONGHI INDOOR GRILL FROM THE SHOP AT HOME NETWORK - I BOUGHT A DELONGHI INDOOR GRILL FROM THE SHOP AT HOME NETWORK. IT HAD A KNICK RIGHT IN THE CENTER OF THE TEFLON GRILLING RACK, SHOWING THE ALUMINUM UNDERNEATH

Posted on Saturday, November 6th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by 9c307d6d

Product: DELONGHI INDOOR GRILL

Company: THE SHOP AT HOME NETWORK

Category: Stores, Shopping

NOW, CALL ME CRAZY, BUT I DON'T THINK THIS PRODUCT SHOULD EVER HAVE LEFT THE DELONGHI FACTORY.

(WHO DIDN'T ANSWER MY E-MAIL, BY THE WAY). SO, TO RETURN IT, I HAD TO TALK TO A CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE AT THE SHOP AT HOME NETWORK. THIS ALONE SHOULD HAVE GIVEN ME A CLUE. THEY KEEP YOU WAITING SO LONG, AND WHEN THEY FINALLY COME ON, THEY ASK YOU TO VERIFY YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS. LIKE WHO ELSE WOULD WAIT THIS LONG, BUT THE AUTHENTIC BUYER! SO I TOLD THEM THE STORY ON THE GRILL. NO APOLOGY FOR LETTING THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE GO OUT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I ASKED THEM TO PLEASE SEND ME A PREPAID RETURN LABEL SO I WOULDN'T HAVE TO LUG THIS HUGE BOX TO THE POST OFFICE. BUT, NOOOOOOOOOO, HE DIDN'T HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO ISSUE ANYTHING LIKE THAT. SO I WAS INSTRUCTED TO SEND IT BACK AND THEY WOULD GLADLY (JOKE) REIMBURSE ME FOR MY POSTAGE-NOT, HOWEVER, MY INCONVENIENCE OR BACKACHE FROM LUGGING IT ALL OVER THE PLACE. THEN HE GAVE ME AN ADDRESS TO SEND MY POSTAGE RECEIPT TO.

IT HAD TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE, WHILE THE PACKAGE WENT TO THEIR RETURNS CENTER. (THIS MUST BE A MASSIVE STRUCTURE). WELL, IT TOOK ONE MONTH, AND MANY PHONE CALLS AND E-MAIL INQUERIES AS TO WHEN I MIGHT RECEIVE A REPLACEMENT GRILL. ONE MONTH OF BADGERING AND I DID GET THE GRILL.

I AM NOW DOING THE BADGERING FOR MY $11.50 POSTAGE REFUND. I AM SOOOOO GLAD I DIDN'T TAKE THE REP'S ADVICE AND SEND IT FED-EX ( "ONLY A TAD MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THE POST-OFFICE") OR I WOULD BE OUT A COOL TWENTY DOLLARS OR MORE.SO NOW IT'S BEEN , LET'S SEE, I RETURNED THE GRILL AND THE POSTAGE RECEIPT ON SEPTEMBER 21ST, IT'S BEEN ABOUT A MONTH AND A HALF. ALL THEY HAVE TO DO, MIND YOU, IS CREDIT MY CARD FOR THE MEASLY AMOUNT THAT MEANS NOTHING TO THEM.

THE LAST REPRESENTATIVE I TALKED TO SAID, LOOKING AT MY FILE, AND WITH GREAT SUSPICION I MIGHT ADD, "SOMETIMES IT CAN TAKE UP TO TWO WEEKS FOR THIS TO GO THROUGH!"

SO I SAID, "LOOK AGAIN. THAT WAS SEPTEMBER 21ST I MAILED IT. THIS IS NOVEMBER 4TH" DUH.

I TOLD HIM TO GET IT DONE NOW, AND LIKE ALL HIS PREDECESSORS,HE PROMISED TO RECTIFY THIS RIGHT AWAY. LIKE MY LITTLE RECEIPT IS EVER GOING TO SURFACE AGAIN FROM THE GARBAGE CAN THEY TOSSED IT INTO. I TOLD THE GUY, "WILL", BY NAME, TO USE SOME COMMON SENSE AND NOTE THAT, "GEE, THIS CUSTOMER RETURNED A DEFECTIVE ITEM, AND I SEE HERE IT TOOK US A MONTH TO REPLACE IT, AND LET'S SEE NOW, THAT INDOOR GRILL MUST HAVE COST AT LEAST $15.00 TO SEND BACK TO US. LET'S GIVE HER A BREAK AND SEND HER A REFUND. OR, AT THE TOUCH OF A BUTTON, YOU KNOW, WE COULD JUST CREDIT HER CREDIT CARD.YES, LET'S DO THAT!" IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK, WILL?

JUDY B