Posted on Sunday, November 28th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by 9c77f4d2

Company: Direct Merchant's Bank - We have been receiving calls from a company that shows up on caller id as Metris Corp. Metris Corp. is Direct Merchant's Bank. Apparently my wife has (had) a credit card with this company and had a disputed balance on the card.

Direct Merchant's Bank - We have been receiving calls from a company that shows up on caller id as "Metris Corp." Metris Corp. is Direct Merchant's Bank. Apparently my wife has (had) a credit card with this company and had a disputed balance on the card. Metris Corp. has been calling our home and her work on an average of every 15 minutes.

Another Harrassed Diirect Merchant's Bank Consumer...

Fed Up with Direct Merchant's...

After seeing several other complaints about Direct Merchant's Bank in your newsletter, I decided to contribute my own story.

When we answer the phone, we get put on hold...for how long, I'll never know as I have held for as long as 15 minutes and finally hung up! This was after they called me! I decided to return the call via the number left on caller ID and spoke with a representative who wanted all of the information from me to start harassing me about the account. I refused, and instead, told her she and her company were violating Fair Collections Procedure legislation regarding repetitious and harassing phone calls, and calling before legally acceptable hours.

She told me they call when they want to call. In return, I sent the supervisor of the Collections Department an e-mail in which I attached a document from the Texas`Attorney Generals Office on Fair Credit Collection Practices, and then followed up with a Cease and Desist Contact letter which legally should prohibit them from contacting me or my wife by phone anymore. If anyone else out there is having similar problems, you might try this. I will keep you all posted as to the effectiveness of this solution.

Sincerely;

- A former customer of Direct Merchant's Bank! Kimbal P

Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_70043# Consumer