Dish Network - Dish Network - Returning Receivers

Posted on Saturday, November 27th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by b526de3f

Company: Dish Network

Dish Network Customer Service Center

PO Box 33577

Northglenn, CO 80233 To Whom it May Concern: I want to start by saying that Dish Networks Customer Service is horrible. I canceled my service on October 22nd, 2004. I advised the customer service agent that I needed the receiver return boxes by the 29th, otherwise they need to go to a different address. The agent said that they should be to me in 3 to 5 days. On October 28th, I called back because I had not received the boxes.

The lady said that they had not even been sent yet. I gave her the new address and she advised that she would send them to that location. Today is November 26th and I still did not receive the boxes. To top that off, I have been charged $375.11 for not returning the equipment. Linda, a supervisor in the Texas customer service center, recorded my new address again and said that they would not be sent out for 7 to 10 days. Therefore, we can assume that the last person did not update the address. I asked if we could overnight the boxes and she said that they do not do that.

I asked about a refund of my $375.11 and she said that they cannot until the equipment is received. HELLLLOOOOOO, it is their fault they have not received the equipment. I sure hope this money is going to be refunded once I finally get the boxes to return the equipment. I cannot believe that I have to pay for something that is caused by an error by your company. I asked for a managers name and she gave that to me, but said Sylvia did not have a phone number to call her at. Is your company so used to providing bad service, that they have to shield their managers.

I figure if I complain long enough, one person will get their head out of their butt and resolve the issue. I hope one of your managers has the customer service calls to return my call at 913-488-7185. I have already put in a Better Business Bureau complaint, but I noticed there were 1,360 others for the year, so that probably does not mean anything. Sincerely lost customer for life, Troy S

Shawnee, KS 66218