Posted on Monday, November 22nd, 2004 at 12:00am CST by d24db2c1

Company: GM Automobiles - our family/friend have had three transmissions go out on various automobiles ranging from 1999 and newer. My son's S-10 pickup truck transmission starting having problems at 55,000 miles.

GM Automobiles/Truck/ Transmissions

Our family has worked for and purchased GM automobiles for over 40 years. My uncle retired from the Leads plant, in Missouri, my brother-in-law retried from the Fairfax, in Kansas and my son-in-law's father retired from the Leads plant also.

I am writing this letter to let you know that our family/friend have had three transmissions go out on various automobiles ranging from 1999 and newer. My son's S-10 pickup truck transmission starting having problems at 55,000 miles.

He contacted the rep and was told that he should have flushed the transmission at 50,000 miles. We took out the manual and checked the information and the rep flat out lied to our son. These transmissions should have been fixed or replaced for free of charge.

Lorane S

Lorane S Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_70221# Consumer