Collections Etc. - COLLECTIONS ETC, 2521 Busse Road, P.O. Box 7985, Elk Grove Village, Il - I recently purchased your Labrador Solar Address (Item #32165). It arrived 4 days ago. Since then I have placed it so that the Solar powered absorbing panel is in direct Sunlight. (a

Posted on Monday, November 22nd, 2004 at 12:00am CST by 7561dfa2

Company: Collections Etc.

Category: Home, Garden

COLLECTIONS ETC, 2521 Busse Road, P.O. Box 7985, Elk Grove Village, Il 60009-7985

My First Email to COLLECTIONS ETC. I recently purchased your Labrador Solar Address (Item #32165). It arrived 4 days ago. Since then I have placed it so that the Solar powered absorbing panel is in direct Sunlight. (approximately 10 to 11+ hours each day).

Note: I live in No. California and the temp. have been in the 80’s for the last 4 days. (a lot of Sun). Anyway, the solar powered lighted address marquee does not light up. The only instructions that came with it were: 1) Instructions for BATTERY REPLACEMENT. 2) Instructions on how to maintain a full charge. (See above (1)) 3) How to recharge (place in direct sunlight) My Note: The panel has now been charging for at least 40 hours, and yet the Address Marquee has not shown any light whatsoever. 4) Comments advising that the rechargeable batteries are not fully charged when shipped. What are my options; Other then returning it and paying the shipping/handling fee again for something that is not my fault. I am retired & living off my Social Security, and have better places to put this money.

Their Response: Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding item #32165. We suggest that you change the batteries, this item comes with batteries and they may be old. If the problem persists we will, at that time, take further action. My Response:

I assume you are going to send me a replacement battery. I just purchased the item and I don't feel that it is something I'm responsible for.

Their Response: Thank you for your email requesting a part for item # 32165, "Labrador Solar Address". We have processed this request and ask that you allow up to 15 business days for receipt. Well that last Email was received more then 2 months (60+ Days) ago. I have tried 5 additional times to verify the above but of course they have not responded. I read one of the many complaints concerning COLLECTIONS ETC where a woman called them multiple times and was put on hold for long periods of time. This was a long distance call for her as it would be for me. (COLLECTIONS ETC is located in Illinois and do not have an 800 number). I guess anybody that buys any item from them should feel lucky that they don't have a 900 number.

William M

80beb033, 2010-12-18, 01:20PM CST

Well I am on here trying to find out where I can put a main complaint.. I ordered gifts for Christmas and they sent it to my old address after verifying with me 3 times my new address change when I made the change that day as well.. Well UPS shipped it back and they will (collections etc) receive it Tuesday. Three of the items that I need because I am as well handicapped and have to shop online are out of stock as of right now, so I asked when they receive mine Tuesday can they just ship it back and their response get this "we disregard them once received" so I asked the lady "you mean to tell me every item that is returned that is still in plastic you take to the dumpster and throw away" "yes maam that is what we do, the item will not ever be distributed again" so a couple things 1. she or someone gets a bunch of free product that the owner probably has no clue 2. homeless people are probably lined up all day waiting for first jump in the dumpster 3. she is an out and out liar... I am opting for 3!!!!!!!!!! She is rude.. I shop all the time with this company and lot of money everytime and NO CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS GIVEN AT ALL.. AND TOP IT OFF WE CAN NOT BE GIVEN A NAME OR NUMBER OF WHO TO SPEAK TOO WITH A COMPLAINT... THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST COMPANIES I HAVE EVER HAD THE UNPRIVILEDGE PLEASURE OF DEALING WITH!!!!!