Auto Tint Centre - Auto Tint Centre, 6505 Kingston Rd., Scarborough, Ontario, Canada - I purchased a car from Morningside Mazda in August and requested that they tint my windows. Morningside Mazda has an agreement with Auto Tint Centre to do all the tints for their new cars

Posted on Friday, November 12th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by 23751d93

Company: Auto Tint Centre

Location: 6505 Kingston Rd
SCARBOROUGH, ON, CA

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

When I received the vehicle it wasn't until the next day that I realized that the rear window tints were not done properly (not cut to the edges properly and there was a crease). I took it back to Morningside Mazda twice who told me on the SECOND time that I should take it directly to Auto Tint Centre to fix it, we even called ahead to make sure that they could take me right away.

When I got there, THEY TOLD ME TO COME BACK IN 2 HOURS! So I did, as I understand that sometimes things happen that are beyond their control. But when I came back, some guy just comes to me, takes the keys without saying a word and drove it in to the garage. No more than 5 minutes later, he came back out, handed me back the keys and walked away without saying a word.

Now, my car was dirty at the time, so I wasn't able to see the work properly but when I got home, I washed down the car and discovered the job was EVEN WORSE this time...it's cut FURTHER away from the edges and now there's a scratch in the actual tint! Not only that, my weather stripping was cut as it appears that he traced my window with a knife on the OUTSIDE of my car!

I called Morningside Mazda and spoke to their service manager who gave me the number for the owner for Auto Tint Centre, Tony. When speaking to Tony, he reassured me that I could just call in anytime and come in that same day. Well, this morning, I called him and he told me ALL HIS TINTERS are off and that they leave everyday at 4pm, not good for someone who works 9-5 like myself! He actually scolded me by saying you should have called me earlier in the week, but I actually did try to reach him twice this week but he was never available, therefore I just asked the person on the phone if they're open today as it's remembrance day and he said yes. You'd think a place called Auto Tint Centre would have TINTERS available all the time. It's like New York Fries not having french fries! Now I'm not the only one having problems with Auto Tint Centre, I referred a friend to Morningside Mazda who also requested tint work. I explicitly instructed Morningside Mazda NOT to use Auto Tint Centre, however my request fell on deaf ears as the work was done there again. And again, there were problems...her rear tint was peeling off. She again had problems working it out with morningside Mazda and auto tint centre, however on the 2nd time (yes, they "fixed it" again, but it came out worse, just like my circumstances) they FINALLY got it right. My expectations is that when you pay for a service, that service should be honoured and done properly, with courtesy. I don't mind having to come in to get it fixed, but when I take the time and effort to come in on a day off, I expect it to actually be fixed! It's now mid November and I'm still trying to sort things out with this centre. I was hoping that my circumstances was an isolated incident however considering that auto tint centre is 0 for 2 with me and my friend, who knows how many other consumers are paying for shoddy work.

8c4d83d0, 2008-04-25, 10:40PM CDT

I AGREE WITH YOU, THEY ARE SCAMMERS,CROOKS AND THEIVES.THEY WILL STEAL VALUABLES FROM YOUR CAR.I HAVE DONE TINTING FOR TWO CARS AND OWNER TONY (AHOLE) GAVE ME WARRANT FOR LIFE TIME.FIRST WEEK I GOT ALL BIBBLES AND THEN TINT START PEELING OFF, I WENT TOADY AND TONY START YELLING AT ME AND SAID I DON,T KNOW YOU, THEY ARE BIGGEST CROOK, SCAMMERS AND CHEATERS,HE RUNS MOST OF HIS BUSINESS BY SELLING HIS WIFE BIG SMILE. I AM REPORTING HIM TO BUSINESS BUREAU.

7a30ac7c, 2008-06-13, 09:34AM CDT

I have been going to this shop with three different cars over the past 7 yrs.Maybe I have been lucky? But I have had no problems with any of their tint jobs, and have found Tony to be fine to deal with. Actually I just booked an appt to go there today and get my new civic tinted,,crossing my fingers that all all continue to go well after reading these complaints.

23751d93, 2008-07-22, 08:54PM CDT

It's amazing how after four years, I'm still getting responses to this article! Apparently nothing has changed...the place should just shut down, but then again, if you find enough stupid consumers, I guess you can run your business forever.

43c7b814, 2008-08-17, 10:12AM CDT

that auto tint centre sucks....sucks sucks sucks sucks! i had my car tinted by that co. 2yrs ago and the employee would drive the car in w/o care at all. guys don't go to that fucking auto tinter. people there suck! suck suck suck! no customer care! they're ignorant and ghetto!!! suck suck suck! fuck that auto tinter! you don't get your money's worth and the service sucks! people there suck! believe me, you would have your most perfect car damaged after their "fucking service". fuck all the people in that company!

4109ad48, 2009-06-13, 02:18PM CDT

VIDYA RAMDATH is the name of the girl who works there.

Shes a bitch. She yells at customers. What a terrible human being.

Don't get your tinting done here.

The only reason they still get customers is because its comparatively cheaper, but they'll treat you shit and apparently from this feedback, they'll do a terrible job.

IF YOU HAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ABOUT THIS PLACE, POST IT AS A NEW COMPLAINT SO PEOPLE CAN SEE ALL THE FEEDBACK ABOUT THIS PLACE.

df3ad1f6, 2009-08-09, 10:52PM CDT

Had my tints done on my car and there are minor bubbles on the tint. Saw Vidya (owner's wife) on August 1/2009 to have the bubbles repaired, she said they were busy. Since it was the long weekend and I'm a reasonable guy, I booked an appointment with her to do it on August 8. I brought it in and her husband refused to do it and when I asked him why, he said he's busy and warranty work is only done on weekdays. When I was telling him my concerns, he just looks away. I told him where to shove it and left. I'm not going to bother fighting, the best way to punish a place is to never give them business again and to spread the truth of how much they suck. NEVER GO TO THIS PLACE FOR ANYTHING, ESPECIALLY TINTS.

ee2cb8ad, 2009-11-21, 02:32PM CST

Auto Tint Centre has been in business for the past 17 years, at the same location with the same owners. We have various accounts with Dealerships within GTA and maintain a high level of quality with them. We also have a high volume of repeat and referral customers. Complaints are dealt with in a reasonable fashion and require agreement on both parties, which are minimal to date.

Vidya Ramdath

ee2cb8ad, 2009-11-23, 11:34AM CST

Auto Tint Centre has been in business for the past 17 years, at the same location with the same owners. We have various accounts with Dealerships within GTA and maintain a high level of quality with them. We also have a high volume of repeat and referral and new customers. Complaints are dealt with in a reasonable fashion and require agreement on both parties, which are minimal to date.

ee2cb8ad, 2009-11-23, 11:40AM CST

Auto Tint Centre has been in business for the past 17 years, at the same location with the same owners. We have various accounts with Dealerships within GTA and maintain a high level of quality with them. We also have a high volume of repeat,referral and new customers. Complaints are dealt with in a reasonable fashion and require agreement on both parties, which are minimal to date.

a318bd60, 2010-01-19, 07:10PM CST

I had my car tinted from the auto tint center and it was through a dealer also. I was impressed by their work and their customer service, i actually sent others there. They came back with positive feed back. I don't really know why this guy is pissed, but they do great work and i was happy

df3ad1f6, 2010-02-10, 03:11PM CST

Thanks to this forum, I've prevented 5 co-workers from coming here to get their cars tinted. I wouldn't send my worst enemy here.

fddba51e, 2010-03-24, 06:10PM CDT

I'd like to say that if people complain in one gathered area, it looks like all complaints. I've had 5 of my vehicles tinted by the Auto Tint Center. 1. Acura Legend 2. Honda Civic 3.Pontiac Montana 4.Corolla 5. Lexus GS400. I know that mistakes happen and if I'm patient they can be corrected. I guess that's why I found great customer service from the tint shop. I would recommend the Auto Tint Center to all my friends as I always do.

ac3c6f2d, 2010-05-27, 09:57AM CDT

Well the trend continues. This place messed up my tints, then said come back and we'll fix it. Then they were busy. Gave the car back on after a 4 year lease with STILL messed up tints. My close friend, exactly the same thing happened. The have thugs for workers and would not trust anything they do or say ever again.

This is a shady operation! Spend the extra $50 and save yourself any problems!

26c4efcd, 2010-07-28, 02:40PM CDT

I agree with you all that Auto Tint Centre located at 6505 kingston rd scarborough are big scammers. They just want your money. I have been dealing with them since May 2010 and have had problems every time. I bought a brand new car to them, that was only 2 weeks old and got the Llumar 20% for $220 cash with a lifetime warranty.

Once they put the tints on, there was no turning back. They will only book an appointment for you to put the tints on, after that when you need to get them fixed, Vidya (owner's wife) will tell you to come in on Saturday at 9am and sit around. She will not book any appointments. I have pictures to prove what I am about to say you can send me a message and I will email it to you if you would like.

I booked my appointment for a Friday with Vidya (owner's wife) and got my car back in 3 hours. Did exactly what they told me to do on the paper they give you with directions(leave outside in sun, leave windows up for 1 wk..etc)

After 2 weeks I called and tried to book an appointment to fix it, but Vidya (owner's wife) told me to come in on Saturday. There were several bubbles on my back windows including my hatchback, the back passenger window was not lined up properly as it was placed on crooked, the 2 front window tints & 2 corner windows are cut short so you can see the lining from outside. They also cut the window rubber on my back driver's side window, EVEN THOUGH THEY WILL TELL YOU THE DON'T USE RAZORS AS THEIR TINTS ARE PRE-CUT..ITS'S BULL. I understand that sometimes the window rubbers need to be cut, but don't lie to me and tell me you didn't do that, when clearly it was found. When I did bring it back I showed them the problems and also showed the owner Tony the cut. He first tried to tell me they don't use the razors, but low and behold when we opened the hatchback, there was a razor found. He told me he'll fix it. They replaced the back 2 windows and 2 corner windows, and Tony told me to leave the hatchback tint on as the bubbles will fade in a couple of weeks.

Went back there again 2 weeks later, once again when I called to book an appointment Vidya (owner's wife) told me to bring it in on Saturday. This happened every 2 weeks for 2 months. I went in on Saturday at 9am to fix my tints. After replacing my back door windows 3 times, and the corner back windows 2 times, and them not replacing my hatchback window or drivers window, I was furious. I asked to speak to Tony(the owner) and left 3 messages with Vidya (owner's wife) and till today have not got 1 phone call back. They do not deal with complaints well, they do not warrant their "life time warranty", and the girl(owner's wife) in the front seems very nice but she couldn't careless cuz regardless she'll always have a job.

I now have decided to go with another company as I have taken my car to 3 different shops and all have confirmed to me they are always fixing AUTO TINT CENTRES mess. So on top of the $220 I paid them, I have to add $120 for replacing the window rubber b/c of them, and another $100 for removal of AUTO TINT CENTRE tints and $280 for new tints.

***Do NOT go to them...they just want your money and have no time for you after to fix the problems and the horrible tinting job they created***

207cd370, 2010-11-07, 12:28AM CDT

Wow inwish I read this thread before I went to auto tint centre. I am in the process of having my tints corrected all 4 windows are effed up. They lied and said that the tints were computer cut... it wasn't there is not a single straight line on the tint.

I have loads of time but little patients I don't want to deal with these people based on what I've seen happen to the OP. I can see me facing the same problems.

What is the best legal action I can take to get m money back....though I would rather the tints go on perfectly

kasib b., 2012-09-07, 11:13AM CDT

Forget about everyone else, just go to iTint, (iTint.ca) I got my car tinted there 35% all around. it is a really good job. Nice customer service, Don who is the owner knows what he does and is a decent guy.

Now if you are finicky, like my wife, about the really teeny tiny bubbles that remain, those that are not visible from inside the car but only outside and only when you wipe the window clean and stand 15 to 20 inches close to the window, then believe me, tinting is not for you.

9183ca07, 2014-05-15, 03:20PM CDT

JUST STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE AND 3D TINTING / 3D TINT THAT THEY ALSO OPERATE AS.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

STAY AWAY - THE WORST I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. CHECK THE GOOGLE REVIEW OR YELP.