Posted on Friday, May 7th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 4113be46

Company: 1998 Ford Windstar from Bill Talley Ford - Within the warranty period the paint from the hatch, sides and the roof began to peel

Billy Talley Ford

5110 South Laburnum Ave Richmond, VA 23231 I purchased a pre-owned 1998 Ford Windstar from Bill Talley Ford in 1999. The vehicle had about 27,800 miles when I assumed ownership. Within the warranty period the paint from the hatch, sides and the roof began to peel. The dealership repainted the vehicle and charged me the deductible for the manufacture’s warranty. In May of 2003, I noticed that the paint was peeling in the same manner as before. My wife and I attempted to contact the service department several times before we finally were able to make an appointment in September 2003. The Body Shop took pictures and indicated that they would get in touch with me after they contacted Ford Motor Company. I was not able to get in touch with the Body Shop, nor was I contacted, again until December 2003. I was informed that the repair would not be covered because it was no longer under the manufacture’s warranty. The Body Shop indicated that the areas peeling were not the same they repainted, therefore they would not repair the damage. The hatch is peeling in the exact areas as the original re-painting by the dealership. When we asked why the paint was peeling, we were informed that it might happen to 1 out of 100 vehicles. At the time I had a 1986 Chevy S-10, 1987 Mercury Lynx, and a 1993 Toyota Corolla, yet my 1998 Ford Windstar’s paint has peeled twice in less than five years. In addition the other vehicles have not had a problem with the paint peeling. In fact, the paint has barely faded. No one can explain why the paint is peeling and your company seems unwilling to honor your work to repair the original paint defect. I am concerned with idea of spending $800 to $1,200 to re-paint the van if it is only going to peel again do to some other defect. I have enclosed pictures of the peeling areas. The re-sale value of my 1998 Ford Windstar is greatly reduced as a result of this defect. I find it difficult to continue to be a loyal Ford Motor Company customer under these circumstances. Can you recommend a fair solution? Curtis S. F, Jr.

houseoffinneys

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //