Posted on Friday, May 7th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by da325268

Company: 1998 yamaha 1200 xl - The first year the motor blew they told me it was a factory defect and fixed it under the warranty

yamaha lemon

My complaint,

I bought a 1998 yamaha 1200 xl it has been nothing but a pain. The first year the motor blew they told me it was a factory defect and fixed it under the warranty (but it took the rest of the summer 2 months). The following summer same thing happened and they fixed it again (2 months for repair) again the rest of the summer.

The third year guest what happened thats right motor blew again and an other two months the rest of that summer. By this time I had contacted Yamaha and ask them to exchange this lemon (there reply was that the warranty was going to repair it again) not what I wanted.

The following summer it survived but I only road it twice for about 11 hours. The fourth year it happened again motor blown and not under warranty anymore. Mind you that it sat in the shop in the summer more than I had it. This time I took it apart to find out what was causing this to happen and found the check valve defective and causing the third cylinder to blow for the fourth time.

Why has Yamaha not informed us about this problem and had a recall on this? I know other people have this problem too. YAMAHA DOES NOT BACK THEIR SHIT UP AND I WILL NEVER BUY AN OTHER PRODUCT FROM THEM AGAIN AND HAVE RELAYED THIS TO ANYONE WHO WOULD ASK ME. I WILL AND HAVE CURVED a lot OF PEOPLE OF BUYING ANOTHER BRAND.

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //