Posted on Sunday, May 30th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 959f61ad

Company: Haier / Water Cooler / Model No. WDQS005 - I live in Union City, California. I purchased the subject item at a local Fry's. About 3 months into use of the product it began to leak

Haier/Water Cooler/Model No. WDQS005

I live in Union City, California. I purchased the subject item at a local Fry's. About 3 months into use of the product it began to leak. I called warranty service. I was told to cut off the electrical cord within about 3 inches of the unit and send it along with my purchase invoice to Haier headquarters in New York. I did this.

About 3-4 weeks later I called the Customer "Satisfaction" line and was told they had received my information and had told "distribution" to send me a new unit. I was told I would be receiving it in about 5 business days.

After about 10 days I called again and was told their complaint lines were busy and if I left my phone number I would shortly receive a return call. This was in the morning. Later in the day I called again and was told that the information regarding my product could not be researched for about 2 business days. I was also given a number of the "distribution" center which was in charge of my shipment. I called that # (732-512-1888) and before they even knew my problem I was told that they had not received any order to ship to me. How did he know this. They never receive such orders, it was the wrong department. But he would ressearch it and get back to me.

I again called "Customer Satisfaction" and was told they could not help me because "Corporate" did not authorize the shipment due to the fact that I had not removed the serial # tag (permanently affixed to the product) and they could not ship without it. This is the first time I was told this.

I called "corporate" at 800-461-8890. After waiting some time a "corporate" Customer Satisfaction" worker told me that "yes" I needed to have send in the "Serial # tag". Having disposed of the product I was unable to supply the tag. But I could supply the Serial #. She had no use for the serial #. Then she told me that the final hurdle I would have to overcome was that the replacement unit could not be shipped because I had not sent in some $14.99 shipping cost which someone prior to this worker should have told me about. At that I blew my stack. The shipping charge was waived and I am told the unit will be shipped the next business day.

Customer Satisfaction is a joke from the company and getting angry works.

NEVER BUY HAIER

Mitchell T

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //