Posted on Thursday, May 27th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 6059c519

Company: autowest dodge in roseville - after having my 2001 dodge dakota for 2 years and well within my warranty, a check valve in my fuel system went bad.

autowest dodge in roseville POOR customer service

after having my 2001 dodge dakota for 2 years and well within my warranty, a check valve in my fuel system went bad. the fuel pump was replaced and thats where my problems started. upon leaving my fuel guage sending unit was way off (about 8 gallons), so i took it back. they dropped my fuel tank again, after i picked it up the check engine light was on. i called and they told me it was the gas cap. i assured them i checked it and its something else. they disagreed. so when i went to fill it up gas poured out all over the ground and my feet. they had never connected the fuel filler hose back up.

i had to hook it up myself in the gas puddle to fill it up. then i took it back and told them to make sure all was ok. they said SORRY and said everything else was fine. well a few days ago i was driving down the road and my truck dies and i smell gas. as long as my key was on gas pumped out on the ground. i had it towed to the nearest dealer, where they explained whenever the tank was off last a vital clip was left off and the fuel line just popped off. so after speaking with the service manager of autowest dodge (tim stockwell) he wanted the work order faxed to him to look at, and began to deny any responsibility as the work was done 2 years ago and parts can wear out.

i told him there is a huge difference between wearing out and never being put on, like the other dealer said. at this time he wont return my calls and his people keep saying they never recieved the faxes that have been sent 2 times. i wish i knew who else i could complain to. i would expect they would have at least reimbursed me for my deductible and the rental car. i wasnt expecting anything for my missed time off work picking up my truck, or the huge inconvenience of missing the lunch with my wife i was on the way to, or the camping trip we missed due to the breakdown.

Bert in citrus heights

Bad269

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //