Posted on Sunday, May 23rd, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by f883106a

Company: CIC / Experian - I noticed a $79.95 charge from CIC Credir Monitoring on my Mastercard

CIC / Experian

I noticed a $79.95 charge from CIC Credir Monitoring on my Mastercard. CIC Credit Monitor is a SCAM. The worst part of it is that they are a division of experian! How can we trust our credit bureaus when they are

running scams?

I called up their 1-800-220-2626 number and their rep claimed that I accessed a free credit report through Yahoo Finance and that signed me up for a 30 day free trial. I may or may not have done that, but I sure did not give anyone my cc information and authorization to charge $79.95.

This is the second time this has happened to me, the last time they claimed it was through me accessing a credit report on MS Money. Again I did not provide my CC details. In both cases I asked them to cancel the membership and they did so.

The last time I did get the charge reversed. My major concern is how they get the CC details, I am suspecting that Experian is providing them with this information.

Kishantha G

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //