Jenn Air Wall Oven - Jenn Air Wall Oven - 10 years old; control panel is out for the second time

Posted on Friday, May 21st, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 931713ac

Company: Jenn Air Wall Oven

Category: Appliances, Equipment, Tools

Wall oven is 10 years old; control panel is out for the second time. I believe they are designed to last only five years, and are an expensive replacement part; approximately $200. Jenn Air is unresponsive; the unit is out of warranty.

Oven controls are all computerized control panels now, you cannot buy a reasonably priced oven that does not have the same type of panel. I believe this is a design flaw, which the manufacturers will not correct because it is beneficial to them.

E & J D

cc7737a7, 2008-07-30, 03:02AM CDT

I have same problem. Control panel is out for second time in ten years. I was told by repair person the new panel costs $425.00 Any suggestions? R

c4d9a7f4, 2008-08-30, 06:43PM CDT

I have had the exact same problem!!!!!!!

Did anyone have any luck, or find a cheaper replacement part?

Thanks!!!

SM in Texas

f8d07da2, 2009-01-30, 11:25AM CST

I am experiencing the same problem, oven is 8 years old first time it went out was during the warranty so it was replace by authorized dealer. soon after it went out agian and jennair is not admitting to the flawed part.

0f517203, 2009-02-17, 12:37PM CST

I have a 2 1/2 year old slide-in model jgs8750adb Jenn-air range. The control panel is adhered to the front of the unit with a sticky adhesive - right above the oven door where the heat escapes. Last June (less than a year after I bought it) I had to pay $151 to A&E Factory service to come out and tell me that the control membrane overlay was not working (it had peeled about 1/3 of the way off the surface) and that they'd come out in a week with the new one.

Now, 8 months later, the new control panel won't work and I have to pay another $151 to have it replaced. I have no oven - only the top burners are working.

We used to have second-hand appliances when we were just out of college and seldom had problems with them. This thing has been a money pit.

I'd never buy a Jenn-air appliance again. My sister had a bad downdraft range from them and their French door refrigerator that went bad after less than a year.

I agree that these badly engineered appliances bring in lots of extra profits in parts.

df4bd64c, 2009-02-25, 09:20PM CST

Well we've managed to have our 2nd display panel go. I considering just buying a new oven. Not Jenn-Air. Piece of junk

3dd9f5d7, 2009-08-12, 06:47PM CDT

Consider yourself lucky, I'm on my 3rd panel in 4 years. Jenn-Air will not respond to this problem. I will not buy another and you should not waste your money

c9bbad0c, 2009-12-03, 02:36PM CST

Our Jenn Air wall oven is 15 years old, and we have replaced the lower control panel twice, the most recent has failed in 2 years. the warranty is one year, and the part has increased from $200. to over $450. Jenn Air should stand behind their product by providing an improved replacement part at a reasonable price.

ec7647d3, 2010-06-13, 07:25PM CDT

I have a Jenn Air stove/oven and the numbers 3, 6, and 9 don't work on the control panel. This thread makes me wonder if I should just buy a new stove/oven rather than try to replace the control panel.

7a9649b5, 2011-01-12, 10:31AM CST

Same problem - twice in 15 years and we hardly use it - the parts are 'discontinued' - never Jenn-Air again!!!

33f7fa4b, 2011-09-01, 08:10PM CDT

Wondering if anyone has ever received any feed back or satisfaction on this issue. My two jenn-air ovens are less than 5 years old and are now both out for the second time. same stupid control panel problem