Posted on Sunday, May 16th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 51af73fb

Company: Viscom computer - Based on the information seen on ShopNBC, I ordered a computer. Subsequently, I recognized that this was not the best dollar for dollar computer package dollar it was advertized to be

viscom computer

ShopNBC and VISCOM have decided to make their business problems the customers problem. I expect to get paid for the time I spend working and I expect my property, i.e., monetary assets are handled respectfully .

I do not want to subsidize either of these two businesses with my efforts or monetary resources. Based on the information seen on ShopNBC, I ordered a computer. Subsequently, I recognized that this was not the best dollar for dollar computer package dollar it was advertized to be .

Concerned with the time my credit line would be constrained since I needed to make an alternative purchase, I decided to cancel and stop the shipment. In a matter of days, I cancelled the purchase with ShopNBC (ordered on May 8 cancelled on May 12) but was unable to get the same enthusiasm from the customer reps to cancel that received when I was a "valued" customer I was advised that my order would be checked to see if it had shipped and that I would receive a phone call with the status.

I received no call - so on May 14 I had to call ShopNBC again. I was given the tracking numbers and advised that it had been shipped on May 11 and I should call UPS and get them to stop the delivery. (I should call - not Viscom whose merchandise this is! ) The information I was by ShopNBC given was incorrect : UPS advised me that it is required (an agreement with the shipper) to make at least one attempt at delivery before anything can be returned.

Given the tracking numbers by ShopNBC, I explained to two persons at UPS that it need not be sent. (one carton was still in California the other in the mid- West -even though the TV sales person would have you believe the package is assembled and sent from one location just for you) I now doubt whether the product had been shipped when I called to cancel.

The total time from the ordered date May 8 until the delivery scheduled for delivery May 19 is eleven days. This described scenario suggests that one-third of the total ship time is spent in the originating state and the remainder is used to go across the entire country.

I feel that the quick delivery promised and the slow-to-cancel order is a deceptive practice . One designed to create the illusion of good service and the other deter cancellations. Why wouldn't a responsible company want to reclaim its inventory and redirect it as quickly as possible? Why else would a company leave its business success to other companies and burden its customers with process ?- It may be indifference possibly.

I suppose customers filled with the a prospect of something "new" and having it in-hand when delivered do change their minds, - keeping products when they arrive even though they previously decided not to The round-trip is about 22 business day .

Because of these inefficiencies, I will have my personal resources tied -up for at least this amount of time. I take my commitments seriously and don't order and cancel on a whim. A company that doesn't respect its customers doesn't get my respect or business - I spent hours on this - voice menu prompted customer service lines, UPS ( 2 calls) , ShopNBC (5 calls) working to correct this for a mutually beneficial outcome.

These issues should not be imposed on customers due to the nature of your business. What may be a savings in business processes may result in a large loss in your customer-base. If I tell seven friends about this experience and they tell seven friends it can eventually become costly to a company .

I intend to cancel my account and I do not plan to subject myself or my resources to this situation again

Mary Ann S

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //